Rate the trophy difficulty  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't vote on this one until I've had a chance to unlock all the games in Free Play which seems like it will take at least a couple weeks.

For now though, all the trophies seems relatively easy except for Absolute Genius which will require you to get 3 stars on every single game on Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulties, and that is going to be a killer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Voted 2. Would be a 6 or 7 if you had to get 3 stars on all games on hard difficulty like originally believed, for the Absolute Genius trophy. But since you can unlock the Genius difficulty level just by playing a game on 5 different dates (and you can just change your Vita system clock to achieve this), all difficulty goes out the window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 2. The fact that you can just play each mini game on 5 different days to unlock the next difficulty makes it pretty easy. If you can't 3 stars on 1 mini game on the genius difficulty you can use cheats on that too. Use a calculator for the math mini games or the cheats in the guide for the vocabulary mini games. Like others have said if anything the game could be time consuming depending on how long it takes you to get 3 stars.

To play on 100 different days is fast and easy too. Just go to the settings (without closing the game) change the date and play 1 mini game. Keep doing that until you play it on 100 different days.

• 2 weeks later...

8. This game is a textbook example on how the Difficulty Average misleads and you have to read the comments. Average of 5 with a Bimodal distribution for people cluster-voting around 2 (succeed by failing) and 7/8-ish (3 starred Hard).

IMO Roller blocks, Same Different, and Boxed In are the three hardest games to 3 star.

1) Roller Blocks: finally did it after lots of practice. So many 0/1 star games as I tried to figure out each puzzle and then remember it for the next time. Or reapply the memory to a mirrored puzzle. Long time before I could even get under 2min but after that things rapidly improved as I remembered more puzzles and got a favourable combination of puzzles (final time 1:15-ish). In the beginning this game was particularly frustrating as the Vita tilt controls would register two moves (or a different direction) screwing up the entire thing. Got better as I got used to it, though I still don't trust it.

2) Same Different - Nearly 3 starred it - just made one mistake. Will probably practice this while chipping away at the 100 day grind. EDIT: Got it!

3) Boxed In - Finally scraped by 3 starring medium off memory but couldn't do it on Hard. I had to write them down and even then it's easy to make a mistake. If I get #2, I may keep trying this while finishing the grind. EDIT: 13/15 so far....

----------------------------

Everything else is pretty easy or moderately challenging. The cube game will take some tries. Other games are hampered by the Vita controls (Chain Reaction was particularly bad for me) - when you struggle more on Easy than Medium or Hard you know its the controls holding you back, not your brain power. Way too many games have unnecessary Vita controls when something simpler would have worked better. The letter/number recognition could have been better - that adds a fair bit of time when you're fighting the recognition software. I found that the order and direction of strokes made a huge difference in how the software recognized my writing so there's a bit of an adaption there.

This plat might be one many people don't value since they can "succeed by failing" for the hardest trophy, but I'm quite happy with it (when I finish the grind of course).

Edited by Stork77

• 1 month later...

6 - it`s not a sinch like everyone says it is. It should take you at least 2 months unless you are using skyhook to mess with your router and a few of the games can be nearly impossible on Hard difficulty (ROLLERBLOCKS!!! - I couldn`t even 3 star normal difficulty). Luckily you can just keep playing the same game 5 days in a row to unlock the next difficulty. Just concentrate on those dumb Street Smart online challenge stars because that is what will take you the longest to complete since they only change once per week.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3/10 (Warning: Very Time Consuming)

Due to the ability to just unlock everything by failing over and over again and changing the date each time, the game is more of a grind than anything else. That said, the Street Smart stars, assuming you don't travel much with Wi-Fi, can take you a minimum of 12 weeks (3 months) to gather, and that's assuming you get 9 stars on every challenge (12 x 9 is 108, so you'd have about 8 stars worth of error this way). It'll more than likely take you even longer to do this; it'll likely take about four to six months.

• 1 month later...

8/10, done everything legit way + English is not my native language, had a little problem on odd word out, doesn't give much time, anyway less time than i needed, but made it after many tries. Street smart left only, few more months of playing weekly challenges.