Warning: this game has a bug that erases save data

grbolivar

This just happened to me for a second time a few minutes ago and then decided to make this post to warn new players. The first time I lost 3 days of progress.

The game will suddenly show the logo (no menus, nothing, just the logo) and will stay there like it's loading something, of course nothing will load and you'll be forced to close the game, but when you open it again your save data will be lost, everything, the game will be like if you are running it for the first time.

I still have not determined how this bug happens; the first time I was playing a Word Wheel Free Play on Easy, then when I tried to return to the main menu the logo appeared and froze there, I waited a few minutes but since nothing happened I closed the game and surprise, my save data was lost. And just now I was on the World of Smart As looking at the leaderboards (and uploading my new records), then I put the Vita on stand-by, when I get back the logo was there, and it happened again, glad that I had uploaded my save to PS+ cloud this time.

I don't know if this has happened to another person but just be cautious, now I just upload my save data to the cloud everytime I make an important progress, just in case.

Edited by grbolivar

I have 3-4 days now playing this game, I got it for free on PS+. So far, the bug has happened only twice and I'm playing the game multiple times a day. I was investigating and its weird I havent seen anybody else with this problem. And yes, I installed the game update.

If the bug happens again I'll try to get some screenshots, but for now I'm uploading my save data to the cloud at least twice a day.

• 1 month later...

The same thing happened to me as well. I had just beaten the cube logic game on genius difficulty and was going back to main screen and it froze on that screen with the globe. I hit start and was able to go to credits, but after leaving the credits all save data is gone. (-_-|)

I had made so much progress in the freeplay games and such too. So sad about this bug.

I uninstalled the game and am going to install again. I did not have it backed up to cloud before this, so redownloading the save data was not an option.