HELP PLEASE. skyhook mac address

dittyeating

ive changed my location in skyhook and it just says its updated . everytime I go to my vita, ps3. ps4 system info they all have different mac addresses. and when you type them in skyhook it never says if you put the right or wrong one in. and I turn my vita on and press near and nothing changes

I tried getting my mac address off the internet but couldn't figure out how 2. some help

Or if you don't want to download anything and you are using Windows, you can also start the command window (typ 'cmd' in the search bar) and typ 'netsh wlan show interfaces'. The hexadecimal number after BSSID is your mac address. It usually starts with '00:01:etc'.

Or if you don't want to download anything and you are using Windows, you can also start the command window (typ 'cmd' in the search bar) and typ 'netsh wlan show interfaces'. The hexadecimal number after BSSID is your mac address. It usually starts with '00:01:etc'.

4 hours waisted

im not that great on computers and we have just had a new one and it is very confusing and hard for me to understand.

im using windows and I don't know what a command prompt is to type that in. ive tried in the search bar and loads comes up

4 hours waisted

im not that great on computers and we have just had a new one and it is very confusing and hard for me to understand.

im using windows and I don't know what a command prompt is to type that in. ive tried in the search bar and loads comes up

Press WINDOWS KEY+R and type in CMD.

No that's is something else.

You could also go to 'Settings' on your Vita (green bubble icon). And go to:

Settings --> Network --> Internet Connection Status

This will also show you a list with your BSSID number and mac address.

Edit: Ok this is weird... I kept changing my BSSID number with skyhook and I never got it to work. I used the BSSID since Harry94 told (in another thread) that your BSSID is your mac-address, which made sense since it starts with '00:10:xx:xx:xx:xx' and Skyhook says that your mac-address looks like that.

But maybe you have to use the 'mac address' as listed on the Vita? I'll try that now and see if I can get this to work.

Edited by wout

My vita, ps3 and ps4 all show different mac address, s

still doesnt work anyway

No but how about the BSSID? Your Vita should tell you the correct BSSID, that one is unique (at least for me, the BSSID is the same on my pc and vita).

The BSSID shown in the connection status on Vita is the one you need. It worked for me with that number (It's the same number you find with inSSIDer and the CMD method; when you use a pc to find the BSSID make sure you are connected to the same wireless network your Vita is connected to).

The BSSID shown in the connection status on Vita is the one you need. It worked for me with that number (It's the same number you find with inSSIDer and the CMD method; when you use a pc to find the BSSID make sure you are connected to the same wireless network your Vita is connected to).

cheers. ive tried that number 3 times now and its not updates on near. ive tried london

I was really struggling to find the correct address. Schredy is right all you need it the BSSID from your Vita, which is your router Mac address. Other ways to find the correct Mac address is downloading InSSIDer (which is free), your BSSID on your PS3 they will all give you the same number.

What I did was go to skyhook on my phone using 3g, with my vita and all internet connecting devises switched off. Changed the location. After 12 hours switching my vita back on going into Smart As, Smart street gave me a new challenge from the new city I have moved to. But everytime I used near it still said I was in my orignal home town.

Keep trying, once skyhook tells you your location has moved to x amount of meters it has worked, you just need to keep checking with Smart As to see if it has changed. Near may not recognise that you have changed your location.

Edited by Elle24799

Date still not changed this morning so I can assume it wont change for me

Same here. Skyhook says that changing your location might take a week until everything has processed, well I waited a week and still nothing :(

The only thing that I can think of that can cause problems is that my internet connection (wifi) conflicts with other wifis, since my Vita picks up a lot of them.