Street Smart Stars

CODEx_Vip3r

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconded. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I did two challenges within a few days of one another in the same area and earned 8 stars.

Maybe the challenges reset every 24 hours in the same area? I don't know. I will see if that works next.

Other than that it seems like you would have to travel, which is incredibly dumb. I don't feel like being that person walking into random starbucks just to unlock challenges.

The Street Smart challenges didn't unlock in my town until yesterday, but one finally did (and apparently also in the next town over). I also noticed a countdown in the upper left corner of the screen, so it looks like they reset every few days. Of course, it remains to be seen if the stars earned across different challenges in the same city, but if they do it seems the only thing that's going to hold you up is the refresh time and not travel.

Yep, the stars earned in the same city stack. I just got the 'earn 10 stars' trophy and haven't left my house in a week.

Yes, you don't have to leave the city. And your best score per challenge is counted.

A bit of a general note: I can't synch with Smart As world anymore, probably because I advanced the date. The StreetSmart stars I earned this morning aren't added to my total. So try to get StreetSmart before advancing the date.

Yes, you don't have to leave the city. And your best score per challenge is counted.

A bit of a general note: I can't synch with Smart As world anymore, probably because I advanced the date. The StreetSmart stars I earned this morning aren't added to my total. So try to get StreetSmart before advancing the date.

Failing to synch has nothing to do with advancing the date and time on your Vita, I was able to synch even though I submitted results a week in advance.

Must be something to do with their servers, haven't been able to synch since Friday :(

• 1 month later...
So just to be sure, you can only do it about once per week in the same town?

that's right!

but sometimes it finds other cities around you so you can do challenges in multiple cities in one week. i guess it depends on where you live tho.

last week it found 2 other cities beside my own and i only played my vita at home. however, this week it only found 1 other city so far.

I think, have not been able to confirm yet, that you can redo the same challenge (from one town) over and over again and have it count towards global trotter.

Edit: Doesn't seem to work that way.

So every week or so the challenge essentially resets. So during each time period, you can repeat one challenge as many times as you want to try and get as close to 9 stars as possible. However, only your highest score will add to your total star total for the trophy. After the challenge resets, you can complete another challenge in that location and add 9 more stars to your total.

Just a few more weeks until I can finish this one (81/100 stars so far). It'll take longer to get the 100 day trophy though, I'm only around 55 right now and I'm trying to do it legitimately without changing the date on my system.

Just a few more weeks until I can finish this one (81/100 stars so far). It'll take longer to get the 100 day trophy though, I'm only around 55 right now and I'm trying to do it legitimately without changing the date on my system.

Changing the system date doesn't work for the 25/50/100 days trophies, at least it didn't for me.

Lame changing the date to get trophies for a fun brain game. I know, I know this is a trophy hunter website but still come on folks. I look forward every day doing my daily training, I notice when I am more tired my score suffers than when I am more alert, it's a fun test. I like trophies too, and in 100 days I'll have a gold trophy.

The counting of the Street Stars doesn't work right in my case. Yesterday I had an amount of 33 Stars. Today a New challenge started and I got 7 stars. But the count shows only 37 stars? Last week I made 4 challenges in different cities with total 30 stars and the two weeks before I made Stars too.

Anyone else with such a problem?

Thanks for answering. But I guess the problem was completly different. A week ago I had a defect savegame. I had to Start from the beginning. The 33 shown stars were these I gainend before. With the end of the challenges on friday night the game deleted the old stars and count the 30 stars from last week and the seven from this week. I guess by now it will work right. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

You can keep several towns re-do challenges to get the most stars until the time runs out. Then you will only have your 1 closest town only. You'll have to visit other towns again in order to get new challenges from there for another week.

Also, when in a new town, it is not enough to make vita register it (you usually see a star appearing on the globe in the main "smart as" screen" which means you got a new town). I went into street smart menu and noticed that a new town was added and then left it "for later", thinking I'd play those challenges in the evening. When back home, that town disappeared! It happened twice, so I'm sure you must :cool: at least once play challenges while in another town, then it stays there and you can replay them later at home to get better results.

And also :rolleyes: when you see a star on your globe but wifi/3g connection is too weak and you risk to get an error message while signing in into PSN, simply cancel signing in. You can get a new town on your list and play challenges without signing in. Then it'll be synched later at home with a proper connection. Never had an issue with it.

Glad if this can help someone ;)