19 gigs ?! How in the world....

Looking at my past PS Plus downloads Metro Last Light was 4.5gigs, Remember Me was 6.6 gigs

and Sly Cooper is 19 gigs? :/ how in the world does that make sense for such cartoonish graphics ? hopefully this game better last me all month because now I have to start removing games for it

Looking at my past PS Plus downloads Metro Last Light was 4.5gigs, Remember Me was 6.6 gigs

and Sly Cooper is 19 gigs? :/ how in the world does that make sense for such cartoonish graphics ? hopefully this game better last me all month because now I have to start removing games for it

What??!! :shock: are you serious??? I thought Max Payne 3 was the biggest of all time (15GB)

Well, Street Fighter and Hitman Absolution are around 17GB iirc.

For the record, the 19GB is due to it containing the PS3 (16GB) and Vita (3GB) versions.

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One is 15GB and is about the same length as this game. I think the size is due to the cinematics, voice clips, and fairly large worlds.

hopefully this game better last me all month because now I have to start removing games for it

If you play about 6-7 hours per week, then it'll probably last you a month.

Edited by greenzsaber

That is indeed large for a game with only episodes, huh? :think:

The game is not by episodes, its kinda open world but is divided into maps and tp go from one to the pther one you fast travel between them (because each map is in a different age) they are 5 maps (they are not huge tho) but each is fairly good size.

That's why is considered by "episodes".

As exactly why 16 GB... who knows...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing it's due to those animated scenes, pre-rendered or animated scenes tend to take up a lot of space on disc because it's similar to placing a video/movie on the disc. Also I think the game feature many language options that would be another reason. Hitman Absolution is also another huge game it's 17GB but that's because most of the cutscenes are pre-rendered.

Edited by Natsume

I'm guessing it's due to those animated scenes, pre-rendered or animated scenes tend to take up a lot of space on disc because it's similar to placing a video/movie on the disc. Also I think the game feature many language options that would be another reason. Hitman Absolution is also another huge game it's 17GB but that's because most of the cutscenes are pre-rendered.

I'm not sure most of these are pre-rendered, because they do display costume/weapon changes iirc.