A tip to collecting Treasures (How to have a bigger time limit)

[This contains minor spoilers regarding costumes]

Once you get the Thief Costume in Chapter 5, you can pick up a treasure, press R2 and time will slow down. This also slows down the timer on the treasures (and if you get spotted by a guard it's easier to avoid their projectiles) allowing you a more lenient time limit.

Hope this helps some people :)

Edited by Madbuk

It's weird cuz I thought I tried that before but I didnt notice the time slowing down. I would just use the wire run with normal Sly. It was weird that you couldnt run on ropes while in a suit like Archer or Thief.

Yeah, that got annoying. I ended up during my second run of Juggling Act for my masks that once I was on the rope I would take off the archer suit solely to run. It doesn't make sense.

Also, why didn't Sly gain his ancestors abilities after saving them? Like Rioichi's dragon leap, Rioichi could have easily taught Sly the technique then Sly could use it in later episodes...

This tip worked for me. The timer goes down at like 1/4 the rate, treasures at give you 60 seconds I could usually get back in around 45 but Without the slowdown most you would make it back in around 5-20 seconds. I didn't notice a slowdown at first but it's definently there.

Good to know I wasn't just imagining it lol.

Must replay this game at some point. It's just so much fun...

• 2 months later...

After reading about this little tip I found the remaining treasures to be rather easy to get. Normal running with time slowed down is faster then sprinting and has the added bonus of not having enemies detect you until you are out of range of their weapons. Great job on the tip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Saying thanks for this tip and bumping this up to the first page. I haven't tried this yet (just started chapter 5), but I hate getting the treasures so anything that makes them easier is much appreciated. If this really works it should be put in the trophy guide.

EDIT: I can now confirm this works extremely well and should definitely be in the trophy guide.

Edited by Colinp42

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't see this thread back when I platted on ps3, but I remember using this and it worked fine. I just don't remember it increasing my time window, but slowing down the time pass instead. It took me 3~4 seconds in real life to waste 1 in game second. I think you might want to change that, OP. Other than that, good tip!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
[This contains minor spoilers regarding costumes]

Once you get the Thief Costume in Chapter 5, you can pick up a treasure, press R2 and time will slow down. This also slows down the timer on the treasures (and if you get spotted by a guard it's easier to avoid their projectiles) allowing you a more lenient time limit.

Hope this helps some people :)

Thank you for your time and tip