• 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

19-21.JPG

Collected Estimated Platinum Length*

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards platinum.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving platinum.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Please feel free to elaborate on your own experiences by posting below.

*Collected time compiled using base average for each range (i.e. a vote for 0-5 hours = 2.5, 36-50=42.5, etc)

Edited by Viper

are the people voting 20+ hours using a guide for collectibles?

Im not sure because i only believe it should take you 10-15 hours to platinum even with using the collectible guides, maybe 20 at the most, but i think people are having trouble with the arcade machines which is why the votes are so high.

Should take no less than 15-20 hours if that.

If you aren't using guides for the collectibles.

The arcade machines were very easy so i don't think that takes up a lot of time.

You might even have to add a few extra hours if you didn't get Navigate Like Drake before you beat the game so i voted 15-20 hours.

Edited by Warbear

I went with 20+ hours. This took me longer than I anticipated. I took this and a few other games away with me last week. I had very limited Internet connectivity, so I couldn't use guides for the collectables, other than to look up a few that I couldn't find. I probably put in 2 hours every day, plus a few more on the plane rides, and had already put a few hours in before leaving. I didn't get to any other games while away, and only finished it up on the plane home.

It is hard to judge - perhaps it felt longer than it was, but since there is no time track on the save file, I guesstimate based on the number of days.

I suspect you could knock a few hours off by using a guide from the start and just running through the game as fast as possible then cleaning up all the collectables. Wouldn't be very enjoyable, but more efficient.

I also can't stress how important it is to make sure you do Navigate like Drake as you go. I got the trophy on the last level, but if I had missed one or two maps, that could be an extra few hours right there trying to figure out the missing ones.

I did find some of the trophies a bit grindy - Carmelita and the penguins, Bentley's pocket bombs, and Murray's slams. Otherwise most of it was gained through natural progress.

I don't believe even with a guide you could run through this in less than 15 hours, although I did play exclusively on the Vita, so I guess I should factor in a few hours wasted on load times :p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
are the people voting 20+ hours using a guide for collectibles?

Yes (and I voted 21-25). Did not have to do much replaying of levels. I think it was a combination of the load times and Navigate Like Drake (I missed a couple levels so add 2-3 hours right there). I definitely believe it could be 15-20 if it weren't for the load times.

Edited by Snake Doctor337

If you do everything in order, definitely under 20 hours. Myself, I did the main game, THEN the treasures, THEN the masks, THEN nav like drake...really should have gotten as much as I could have before end of play through one, then clean up wouldn't feel like such a pain

I estimate 20+ hours ignoring the fact that my save glitched so it will probably take another 10 or so to recollect all collectables. Id say the collectables (everything including maps) takes about the same time as completing the story, its almost like playing through it twice. If you got the maps and sly masks in missions as you went and got all the bottles in mission 3 first then you could probably knock 5 or so hours of that quite easily. Treasures are a pain though, even if you get them all back the first time they still take ages compared to everything else.

• 1 month later...

Voted 16-20, but its taken me longer than that and I still don't have plat after an additional maybe ten hours (mostly clean up and playing the arcade games)

The story shouldn't take you more than ten hours tops, I would say - mostly the platforming/puzzles/hacking minigames/ancestor missions, etc all can be done first time without too much restarting. The bottles take a bit of time but using the AR function with the Vita, the Stage three reward, or Happy Thumbs Gaming's video guides in the trophy guide can make that quick. The other collectibles all rely on eachother: The treasures can't be fully collected until you get all five costumes. You can't play the arcade games until you get all the treasures. You can't get the last 6 masks until you play all the arcade games. So collectibles can slow you down if you don't follow a guide to a T.

Beating the arcade games is a difficult thing for me and frustrating, but others have no problems, so took that into consideration

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how long it took me exactly, but according to PSN Profiles I finished it in just over 4 days, so it couldn't have been much more than 16 hours.

To streamline everything I made sure to open the map for every mission or major location change, as well as collect all sly masks within each mission as I went along, so that I wouldn't have to re-do any missions. The bottles I usually got out of the way first upon entering each map, otherwise it would have been too mind-numbing to do it all at once. Sly masks I saved until I got all the costumes, and the treasures I saved for the end.

Probably doable sub 20 hours, if one would play with collectible guide from the beginning (replaying missions for masks takes a while, loadings are a bitch) + collected safe in Ch.3 ASAP for easy, visual aid in finding bottles. Definitely impossible sub 15 hours - story alone will take 10 at least, and that's if you skip any misc trophies and probably all cutscenes.

If played as stated in guide, story should net you something around 13-15 hours and another 5-10 for collectibles, high scores and misc.

My live timelog, rounded to full minutes:

http://i.imgur.com/YAMp6uD.jpg

I could probably cut ~2 hours here and there, but not really much more.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I needed way above 30 hours, but I wasn't very efficient, playing regularly until chapter 3, then collecting all previous bottles, continuing with the main story while going for bottles and those misc trophies like climbing, penguins and stomps etc. I constantly forgot to open the map once everywhere so I had to spend some extra time. Went for masks and treasures after the final boss (the Vita AR feature was nice, but they could have easily incorporated that into the visor similar to Sly 1). And finally, I wasted 4 hours on the Alter Ego arcade games until I thought screw it, hid behind the blocks when fighting the big eye and shot those blob things for 60 points (at lvl10) until above the high score...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Definitely 20+ hours. That guide owner must be high. It's almost impossible to get this plat in 11-15 hours with regular playing style even with guide. If you doing speedrun from beginning to end, then just maybe you can do it.

I voted 21-25 hrs. I could see it being possible under 20 if you use the guide as you go (which I didn't). Cause the navigate like drake trophy and the 60 mask trophy is time consuming to go back and redo since the game gives no indication where you missed the masks or which places you looked at the map

• 3 weeks later...

Voted 21-25 hrs

Took me two weekends of platting this.

An entire full day of gaming went into getting all the treasures/masks/arcade high scores, that's close to 10 hrs right there (took a break watching the USA vs. Portugal game.. Damn you last 10 seconds :wall:)

The story itself another 10-12 hrs or so.

A couple of hrs getting the remaining skill trophies

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

~35hrs sounds about right because I failed to do 'Navigate Like Drake' on my first go, nor did I use the guide in my first playthrough, so a lot of task-specific trophies had to be replayed from the Time Machine. Collectibles takes the bulk of your time, as is retrying the difficult trophies over and over.

Not a very enjoyable game. I'm just not the demographic for this I suppose, but there's so, so many design flaws with the game I don't even want to start.