Rate the trophy difficulty...  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_4.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.10

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

I don't have the plat yet but after finishing the story and trying to beat these damned high scores on the arcades machines, I'd give it a 7, only because of these stupid arcades! Come on, I mean, I reach the end of it without getting hit to mush and I'm 5k below high score??? Looks like I'm gonna spend more time on it than the whole story itself.

Edit: Ok just got the plat and now that I'm done I'll give it a 3 for the game BUT to beat the high score in the 3 (especially the 2nd) Alter Ego arcade is easily a 6 or 7, almost broke my DS3 here... So expect a good challenge there.

Edited by nuke4U

I give it a realistic 5.

A (1) would be a game you just put in and takes no effort at all to get the platinum.

A (10) would be a game that is impossible or near impossible to get like a glitched trophy list.

A (2) would be a game like the walking dead where every trophy can be got by just playing the story where you can make any choice you want an still earn the platinum.

Theres a bit of hard stuff to do on this game thats why i voted a 5 like....

(Apollo wins)

(Hubba hubba)

(Cloud city)

(8-bit bentley style)

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/SUM1SLY.png

Edited by SUM1SLY

(8-bit bentley style)

Is going to be the end of a) my DS3, b) my Vita or more likely c) both.

The Paris arcade machine is im-friggin-possible. Finish the first Alter Ego section with 400 points (mainly due to having to concentrate on just getting through the damn thing). Then, you have ONE shot at getting through the first Spark Runner (which I still haven't been able to do - haven't even seen that Mask, yet)... and no clue what comes next, since I can't even get that far.

Looks like I may be giving up on this one pretty soon.

Is going to be the end of a) my DS3, b) my Vita or more likely c) both.

The Paris arcade machine is im-friggin-possible. Finish the first Alter Ego section with 400 points (mainly due to having to concentrate on just getting through the damn thing). Then, you have ONE shot at getting through the first Spark Runner (which I still haven't been able to do - haven't even seen that Mask, yet)... and no clue what comes next, since I can't even get that far.

Looks like I may be giving up on this one pretty soon.

If youve been using the restart checkpoint method it should be pretty easy.

If youve been using the restart checkpoint method it should be pretty easy.

Any easy methods for the Alter Ego games? My best on the first one is like 1,500 (and somehow I'm supposed to beat 25,000? Not happening). Get grazed once and you lose a level, plus all the bits you had toward the next level.

I'm not going to submit a vote, because 'stupid, unrelated task' is not listed.

I'm done.

No, really, I'm done. I logged off the PS Vita and onto the PS3 and got it in a couple of tries. For some reason, Alter Ego seems to be a lot more difficult on the Vita version. Possibly the smaller screen. Who knows?

Plats number 22 and 23 unlocked.

Voted a 5. Would have been a 2 if not for Hubba Hubba, Apollo Wins and 8-bit Bentley Style. Navigate Like Drake, Quarter Cruncher and Mark Your Territory were just time consuming. Hassan Would Be Proud was just annoying, because all I could get out of the rats was the swiss cheese for the most part.

Edited by BBurgSteve

I went with a solid 3. I needed to reference a guide for a few of the collectables, but otherwise it was easy enough, although a few of the trophies are grindy, even though they aren't hard.

Hubba hubba gave me fits until I realized that the beat of the music is not in sync with the timing of the button inputs. I would highly suggest turning off the sound and just focus on the timing. Got it in one try that way.

For the arcade games, you must learn how to properly up your score. The hack levels are quite easy. The spark levels can easily be passed by taking advantage of the bumpers - these add 20 points per bounce. In some cases, you can just ricochet between bumpers, and rack up a massive score in a few seconds. You can actually beat the high scores without even coming close to clearing the level.

The hardest are the Alter Ego games. The best advice I can give it to focus on the most efficient way to increase your score.

I found that your level acts as a multiplier - so you need to focus on getting to level 10 ASAP. That said, once at level 10, ion bits are only worth 10 points each (1 point base x 10 multiplier). Enemies on the other hand are worth at least 50 points (the small flying enemies are 5 point base x10 multiplier - some of the larger/shooting enemies are worth more).

The bubble barricades are worth nothing.

In most levels, you can hang back and shoot a few extra enemies in some sections. If you are level 10, this can add a few hundred points.

Never go for ion bits over enemies if you are at max level.

Finally, pay attention to the 'extra' vortex - this is the part that takes you to the hidden cooper mask.

I can't remember exactly which is which, but in one of the games, the vortex moves you forward, bypassing a big chunk of the game. Because there are no enemies in the optional path, you don't gain very much score by going this way. I don't believe you can clear the high score taking this side path (this is the 25,000 high score machine - I believe Japan).

In the other Alter Ego machine, the optional vortex actually takes you back a bit upon exiting. This lets you repeat a section, which has enemies, and can add a few extra thousand to your score.

Using this info, you should be better able to pass the high score.

Edited by diskdocx

I just have to grab the last ~5 masks and beat the arcades... I would give it a solid 4.

There is absolutely no way I would have found most of these collectibles without a guide, and I would say any game that is difficult enough to force a guide is worthy of more than a 2 or 3. Plus the alter ego arcade scores are going to be a pain to beat...

I'll give this one a 3.

It's more difficult than any game in the trilogy, but it's still on the easy side. Collectables are simple with a guide. Returning the treasures is easy with those videos guides giving you the easy path. The Arcade levels had enough tips/tricks to not be much of an issue. One's like Apolo Wins and Hubba Hubba can be a pain because you can get so close only for one minor screw up force you to restart from the beginning. It'll take some tries, but no where near impossible.

I got the plat on this game last week, but I'll give my opinion. Around about a 4. While some trophies were frustrating, such as Apollo Wins and Hubba Hubba and the likes... it wasn't all that difficult.

Though yes, I found the Spark Runner games to be very annoying with my Vita and having to make it practically flat horizontally while I'm used to holding it up instead. Horrible feature for such an awesome game. But other than that, not essentially difficult in the end, especially with the guide for the Sly Masks to help me out... and a bit of a guide for the treasures when I was missing like one or two of them in the end.

Voted 3 only bc of the trophies.

Not to bad, Story is a easy prob one of the easier Sly games.

I tried for about 1hr+ trying 'Hubba Hubba' with no luck, gotta thank the devs for putting in the distracting hearts that follow correct button. Maybe it's my lack of sleep but I swear some times you can hit the prompt just as it hits the zone and other times you can't.

3/10.

Everything is easy. Only trouble was the Alter Ego arcade machine in episode 1. Took about 4 tries and I barely made the score. That, and you do not even need to complete the arcade minigames when you achieve the required score.

Hubba Hubba was not so bad. I usually do not have a problem with side scrolling games. I only failed it because I was a little button-happy (I pressed at least a button early by a frame or two). It can also be hard to see the buttons that appear on the screen.

Apollo Wins was pretty easy as you can get a mixture of the minigames that you are good at.

This would have easily been a 2 if it were not for the episode 1 arcade machine.