Arcade High Scores

This is going to be the hardest trophy in the entire game, anyone know any hints or tricks to getting the high score

Theyre actually not too bad.

-For the two alter ego ones make sure you hit the two "secret" portals that take you to the masks, they give you a bunch of extra points. The trick for those two is to just stay on level 10, if you lose level 10 and dont get it back quickly just restart.

-For the two six axis control ones just take your time and gather every purple orb thing and you should get it after a few tries, you dont have to beat the levels just the scores.

-As for the two "tank" ones if you start to run low on health remember that you can switch to the blue or purple tanks and youll have full health in them.

Sorry i forgot that the arcade machine in the paris hideout is a mix, you should get the high score towards the end of the first level in that machine.

Edited by Johnny Bananas
merge; please use the edit button instead of double posting

5 fucking points, missed the high score by 5 fucking points

Damn that sucks, are you collecting all the ionic bits. Also at the places where the creatures come out of if you have some time try to hang back and keep shooting them as they spawn, theyll keep spawing as long as youre near the area, it isnt much but itll get you the five points. lol

Damn that sucks, are you collecting all the ionic bits. Also at the places where the creatures come out of if you have some time try to hang back and keep shooting them as they spawn, theyll keep spawing as long as youre near the area, it isnt much but itll get you the five points. lol
I fucked up in the final area, but I think the final boss should give a shit ton of points, its just arcade logic

• 1 month later...
Theyre actually not too bad.

-For the two alter ego ones make sure you hit the two "secret" portals that take you to the masks, they give you a bunch of extra points. The trick for those two is to just stay on level 10, if you lose level 10 and dont get it back quickly just restart. .

Where is the 2nd secret portal?

Where is the 2nd secret portal?

For arcade machine in Medieval England, after pass first level, stick at bottom of this level and you will see "secret portal" very soon.

Each alter ego got 1 "secret portal" only.

Arcade and Tank are the easiest. I got tank highscore on 1st try in both attempts.

For arcade, as long as you get to level 10 and don't get hit and keep on killing enemies, you should be fine. It took me 2 tries in the first game and 1 try in the second game :)

The Ball Guiding is the hardest if you play fairly like I did, took me around 8 tries to get it, I got every purple timer orb and went for the finish line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Alter Ego crap has to be the most annoying mini/meta game in years. It takes forever, isn't fun, and is totally discouraging.

Just got 21159 points ... oh, please, couldn't they have let the highscore be 20000? Or 10000, for that matter. To think there's even a second one I'll have to beat, too ...

The Alter Ego crap has to be the most annoying mini/meta game in years. It takes forever, isn't fun, and is totally discouraging.

Just got 21159 points ... oh, please, couldn't they have let the highscore be 20000? Or 10000, for that matter. To think there's even a second one I'll have to beat, too ...

Theyre annoying but they're very doable once you get to know the levels a little bit.

ohh my neck!!!

i freaking hate motion controls!!

Edit: Yeah finally done it!

I didn't know you can bounce the whole time against the bumpers for 20 points.

This makes it a lot easier than trying to complete the level!

Edited by EqicDodoO

• 1 month later...

After Sly 2, I thought "geez, that repetitive little hacking mini-game sure got repetitive" redundantly

After Sly 3 I thought "geez that hacking mini-game wasn't as nearly as constant as in Sly 2. We only had to do it like thirty times in the second half of the game!"

After Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, I am now thinking I hate these motherlovin' hacking minigames. Within the story, they were fine sporadic but predictable in every level, maybe I failed once or twice playing them. These arcade games, though - holy christmas morning! Why am I having such a problem with these monkey fighting arcade games in this Monday to Friday Sly Cooper game! It is the only thing in the way of my platinum. Every alter ego/super I get within a few thousand away from 25000 or 20000. The Spark Runner makes me want to throw my Vita. I love my Vita!

So I tried the bumper trick mentioned above and that was a sanity saver, just need these dumb alter egos to get done!

I will regret saying this in a week or so, but I'll say it now while I still believe it: I would take doing all the Sly 3 challenges over again instead of playing Super Alter Ego one more time for the plat.

There I said it.

The motion controls for the one game are just abysmal. There should have been save points or a few chances instead of making you restart all the way at the beginning. I need one Sly mask and one more high score... and I feel like sending Sanzaru a message, asking to completely drop the motion controls. They weren't so great on the Sly Collection mini game and they just don't work here either. The other two minis are fine and passable without much aggravation, but the pinball...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes there controller smashing rage shit arcade challenges, been stuck on the 1st one for over 1 hour now and about to kick my tv in, hate when people say 10 or 15 hour plat as ive spent 25 just to get to this shit stage

2 hours waisted and no further, I am very fukin mad right now,

5 hours of arcade challenges and ive done 4 and collected all 6 sly masks, only 2 challenges im struggling with are the alter ego, any tips would be good

Got the plat

1st alter ego took hours, 2nd alter ego I did 2nd try as had alot of practise with 1st ego

Edited by dittyeating

• 2 months later...