Mz. Ruby fight

Am I the only person that had such problems defeating this boss fight? I cannot seem to register some of the notes thrown at me even though I pressed the right button (thus I die in this level even though I have two health charms). I've also heard there is a glitch in the PS3 Collection version of this boss where the beats aren't in sync with the commands. If that is true, how can I overcome this without waiting for a patch to fix this issue?

I've also heard there is a glitch in the PS3 Collection version of this boss where the beats aren't in sync with the commands. If that is true, how can I overcome this without waiting for a patch to fix this issue?

That happened to me as well. The beat is on track when you first encounter Ruby, but as soon as you die and respawn, everthing gets outta synced.

You could though, just mash the buttons if you want to get this fight over and done with.

• 2 weeks later...

It really sucks how bad Sanzaru screwed up this particular port. This battle was my favorite in the game. While still playable, the fun of it has been lost due to the poor synching.

I've noticed nearly all the audio is messed up, as opposed to the PS2 version, with the exception of now you can actually hear the dialogue between Sly & the bosses.

The music has been messed up, the aforementioned Ruby fight just sucks now, and the sound effects are jacked. Anyone else hear the tiptoe sound ALL THE TIME while playing? Was cool when it showed up occasionally, but now it's just grating.

/rant ;)

Well, you could ask yourself: What is a 7th generation game without some irritating glitch haunting your fun? I have expected a stable game but I forgot the fact we are in a generation of irritating glitches, so we better expect them from now on when buying a game.

Thanks guys for the help though. I'll just rebel against the glitch and do a cheap cop out by rapidly tap the command buttons.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe how many people vote this game a 1 or 2. The boss fights, limited lives, no check points in boss fights or mini-game stages, alone make it a 3-4, especially for those that have never played a Sly game before.

With that said, the only way I could beat Ruby was spamming buttons, especially during the last sequence when she starts throwing X. The timing was very unforgiving in this and niether the rhythm method nor muting the sound if the synch was off (I couldn't tell) helped me one bit.