This HD collection may be heading to Vita!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So...any news on this? I wouldn't mind having a go at it again (though I've only just started the collection and Plat'd Sly 1...)

The release dates for this, and the God of War collection, has been announced.

Having come to PlayStation 3 a while back, PS2 classics God of War and God of War II are set to make their way to PS Vita in May, courtesy of the God of War Collection, remastering Kratos' first two adventures in HD.

The Sly Trilogy (The Sly Collection in North America) is also heading to PS Vita, debuting in Europe in April, before making its way Stateside in late-May. Both God of War Collection and The Sly Trilogy have been optimised for PS Vita, with God of War in particular promising revamped controls and a "load-free experience".

Both The Sly Trilogy and God of War Collection will get physical and digital releases, and will be available at value prices. The Sly Trilogy launches first in Europe on April 16th, before God of War Collection releases in North America on May 6th and in Europe on May 8th. Finally, The Sly Collection will then launch in North America on May 27th.

• 2 months later...
Games out in EU and no new trophy lists...very strange

Not really strange, sometimes games are released and only after (up to 1 week in some cases) the list is add to PSN.

Anyway, hope this is good enough to show that the Vita list is different (I have the plat on PS3, and you can see that the tab to only show the Vita games is clicked). I completely forgot of the Sucker Punched! Trophy, otherwise would have took a screenshot of it..

I thought the same thing Han but try and click the screen where both vita and PS3/PS4 games show up and it won't be in that list. It's showing in that list because that is the vita only list and it disregards any other platforms. So as far as it's aware you've not played it on PS3 when you look at that list so it is being treated as a new game.

I thought the same thing Han but try and click the screen where both vita and PS3/PS4 games show up and it won't be in that list. It's showing in that list because that is the vita only list and it disregards any other platforms. So as far as it's aware you've not played it on PS3 when you look at that list so it is being treated as a new game.

Yes, but as I said, I do have the platinum on PS3 (and games with shared trophy list, also have the same trophies on both lists, like FFX for example), but I only have 1 trophy on the Sly Vita version trophy list, so this means they just didn't add the trophy list to PSN yet.

I don't think you can. It was the same with Jak & daxter. Digital crossbuy only I think.

Further more. The EU store seems to have pulled the trilogy for ps3 so even though I have the Vita version i can't download 1 and 2. Only 3 as its a separate file. It doesn't register 1 and 2 separate :-(

I don't think you can. It was the same with Jak & daxter. Digital crossbuy only I think.

Further more. The EU store seems to have pulled the trilogy for ps3 so even though I have the Vita version i can't download 1 and 2. Only 3 as its a separate file. It doesn't register 1 and 2 separate :-(

Well that's bullcrap.

• 2 weeks later...

The port is one of the better ones. The framerate is actually quite good (nearly stable, only some small framedrops). Only obvious downside: The pixelated movies/sequences. It seems like the bitrate is too low so it feels like watching a 240p-video. Additionally I can only say that the touchscreen and touchpad are rather sensitive in the first game so you might activate the spy glasses without wanting them right now.

But overall it's a decent port that raises the hope for the God of War Collection, which was also ported by Sanzaru Games.

The port is one of the better ones. The framerate is actually quite good (nearly stable, only some small framedrops). Only obvious downside: The pixelated movies/sequences. It seems like the bitrate is too low so it feels like watching a 240p-video. Additionally I can only say that the touchscreen and touchpad are rather sensitive in the first game so you might activate the spy glasses without wanting them right now.

But overall it's a decent port that raises the hope for the God of War Collection, which was also ported by Sanzaru Games.

That's good mate, thanks very much for the reply. I'll probably pick it up since I'll actually find the time to play it on Vita.

I'll pass on GoW though, having already completed both games on PS2 and PS3. I'd rather see a new game in the series! :whistle: