Do You Have to get ALL the Bottles?

I was just wondering if you can get the platinum without getting every clue bottle. I know there's a trophy that requires you to get every bottle in any level, but can you use a strategy guide or something for the vault combinations in the other levels? Or do you need the clues from the bottles to even be allowed to open the vault?

I was just wondering if you can get the platinum without getting every clue bottle. I know there's a trophy that requires you to get every bottle in any level, but can you use a strategy guide or something for the vault combinations in the other levels? Or do you need the clues from the bottles to even be allowed to open the vault?

You won't be able to input the code without getting all the clue bottles. It is pretty easy to get all of them even without a guide.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes you have and it's easy and fun, only the suspended bottle in 2nd world is a bit frustrating. I strongly advise against using the guide unless you want to make the game as boring as possible. 90% of the time you won't need it anyway and other 10% you'll just search a tiny bit or come back after you get the locator upgrade for your goggles.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...