What Challenge Did You Find To Be The Hardest?

se7en

I am currently working through all 42 and find more than a few challenging to say the least. I am trying to decide which one I think is the hardest.

Tsao (both) are a pain bc you can only take two hits.

I think all are "doable" if given enough time and practice but they can be so frustrating!

I want this Plat. so badly now.

So which was the hardest challenge for you?

In addition to the ones already mentioned (both Tsao challenges were really difficult), I had trouble beating Octavio as Murray, and with scaling the drill in the Outback.

I didn't mind the other platforming/climbing challenges, but the drill-scaling left no room for error, and a lot of those hook jumps on spinning parts were tricky/hard to get perfectly. Brings back bad memories *shudder*

Although at least most of the challenges were only a couple minutes long, so it's not like failing them was a huge annoyance!

Edited by Sajjio

Pro tip: buy the upgrade that let's Sly slow down time. Makes the boss battles and climbing challenges much easier.

My hardest challenge was the RC Car in Honor Among Thieves. Tsao 2 was tough, the RC hangar mission was annoying and the vault run was terribly time consuming. Nothing else took too terribly much effort. Knocked out all challenges in about 3 hours. Of note, I now have 100% in all four Sly games! Woo!

Edited by loesjoel

My hardest challenge was the RC Car in Honor Among Thieves.

I gave a great tip somewhere in the guide that makes the RC Car one among the easiest. After the big jump, all the AI cars land in the exact same spot. Park your car next to that spot, move the camera so you can see when they're coming, and press L2/R2 the moment they land. They can't hurt you.

Edit: Not that you need that tip anymore haha

Edit2: Post #1700 :p

Edited by mcolwander90

Tsao round 2. Getting hit only twice kills you, and the cheap jerk spams his magic when he starts dying. Much like the Dr. M fight the knockout dive can help alot if you use it to finish off the last 3rd/4th of his health. It's alot more effective on Dr. M though as he cannot even stand up if you time it properly.

I was really worried about the Gauntlet run but found it easier compared to the other timed challenged. Near the end with the stone blocks that smash back and forth (and you have to jump up on each up to the top) was definitely annoying though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only one left for platinum now and that is defend the hangar. Done it a few times now without succes, gonna trie later hope i can get it without too much trouble. Most of the challenges were pretty easy, some are hard but always doable within 20-30 minutes...

• 4 weeks later...
Only one left for platinum now and that is defend the hangar. Done it a few times now without succes, gonna trie later hope i can get it without too much trouble. Most of the challenges were pretty easy, some are hard but always doable within 20-30 minutes...
Indeed, Defend the Hangar is easily the worst for me. I just can't find the trick to do it.

All the others were quite easy when you know the trick. For instance Ultimate Gauntlet has no checkpoints, but still has health so it is no problem if you get hit. Once I found out that, it was only shoddy controls at the lasers that gave me problems. In Tsao 2 you can use triangle, square with silent obliration to defeat him in a couple of hits. Tsao 1: you just need to jump to avoid, and double jump to hit him from the side. Sharpshooter: Try a sweeping motion to wipe the enemies off the side instead of just knocking them out.

• Like 1

All of the challenges were really easy. I guess the one that gave me fits was the Big Air in China. Took me a few tries to get to the third platform but I got it eventually. The second Tsao battle was easy as heck with the Slow Motion ability.

• Like 1

Definitely the fight as Murray against Octavio. I just couldn't figure his pattern to save my life! Took 6 attempts to get it.

All the others are cake. Hell, I got Big Air and Ultimate Gauntlet on first try. Maybe a couple of the other challenges took 2 tries, but for some reason, Octavio gave me a fit.

• Like 1

I would have to say the Ultimate Gauntlet run was the most difficult (As in took the most amount of minutes, final time on the quest was 9 minutes something...., but had do try it Many times) Second to worst was the Big air in China, and third was the 2nd Tsao fight. My technique on the second Tsao fight was to use the :triangle::triangle::triangle::square: attack and pushed him against the wall beside the waterfall, and just kept pounding him so he couldn't use his dark magic.

• Like 1

Currently working on them at 89%. The main one I am dreading is Security Breach. I hated it the first time and now really hate it. Tsao part 2 is annoying since he can take so many hits, I can only take two, and his undead hand magic spam. And Big Air in China .

I am surprised that the ship battle, rc, helecoptors, and dog fights went really easy for me.

• Like 1