XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Old 08-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #31 (permalink)

Well said, TIDQ. You said everything I was thinking. Carmelita's voice is totally distinguishable through all 3 games. First game's version was the best, I agree.

THE MURRAY

I like hunting trophies. Don't like it? Good. No two people are the same.
digiboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #32 (permalink)

Carmelita's accent in Sly 3 is terrible. Is it trying to be like Noo Yawk? I wanna cwup of cwoffee. Like she's from the Bronx. If that's what it's supposed to be how did they find the voice actor to do it. Just ask random people on the street?

However, which accent is worse Carmelita's in Sly 3 or Neyla in Sly 2? (the worst Cockney accent I've heard since Don Cheadle in the Ocean's films)
kargorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #33 (permalink)

Sly 1, 2 and 3 are in the books. So her accent is... water under the bridge.

Moving forward however, if she has an accent great, if not, great. Just make it real and believable. That's not asking too much. Is it Sanzaru Games? IS IT?!?!?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #34 (permalink)

Can't say I like the first Carmelita at all. Seeing as how my parents immigrated from Spain when I was 2 and I have heard thick Spanish accents for the last 30 years, the Sly 1 accents sounds as forced as Neyla's British accent to me!

Most Challenging Plats:
Mirror's Edge
White Knight Chronicles
Starving Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
Maximum Clubs Lead

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission   Staff - Clubs Director   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

It's funny how so many people have noticed it after playing the 3rd game. It didn't even register with me that her voice was different in the 2nd game from the first game. In the 3rd game she sounds Puerto Rican.

The recording quality sucks bad compared to the 1st two games for all the characters and I think that hurt it a lot.
VazzVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #36 (permalink)

So is it only me who liked her accent in Sly 3 best? :P Spanish / South american kind of. Worked well I thought.
darksome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #37 (permalink)

Personally i thought Sly's voice acting in the 3rd one was very flat and deadpanned.
Phyrexian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Armodullahan Send a message via MSN to Armodullahan Send a message via Yahoo to Armodullahan Send a message via Skype™ to Armodullahan

God I hated her voice in the third game, playing it for the first time I thought "Wait a minute, did they get a different voice actor?" but I didn't know that it was a different voice actor for each game, guess I didn't notice her voice in the first and second one that much. Was far more likeable though.

Armodullahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #39 (permalink)

Same here, I didn't notice they changed the voice around 'till I started playing the 3rd one. Weird. =P

Although I think I kinda liked the 2nd one most though, the first voice seemed a bit over the top and the 3rd just didn't sit right with me. I think it's a cool accent though, don't get me wrong, I just got used to the 2nd one more for some reason...

Her attempt at a British accent though, hehe... pretty bad... =P
Jeimii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #40 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I just started Sly 3 and when I first heard her talk but didn't see her, I thought it was another character.

SerpentSeed is offline   Reply With Quote