Carmelita's Accent(s)

So I have beaten Sly 1 and 2 and now I have just started #3. I have to say, What the Frick? I mean:

1st game: Brittish(?) Accent

2nd game: No Accent

3rd game: Jersey Shore Accent

did sucker punch honestly go through three voice actors or did the original forget what it was each time?

The overalll voice work was great with the exception of Neyla and Murray.

Allthrough Bentley and Dimitri's voice actors were great.

Murray was way better in the first game because it actually showed that he was fragile. If you only have played the second and third, you would think "Why is this macho hippo acting so sad 'n stuff"

so am i the only one that noticed that Carmelita is being refered to in some of the newspapers as a Latina(or i just misread?) and that she was in NO WAY anything close to speaking like a latina? (i think this was in the first Sly Cooper... i think the paper said "Latina hottie busts X Bad Guy")

i was very curious since i'm from Puerto Rico and i kept on wondering how in HELL is she "latina"... apart from maybe her name... which anyways i think is a Spanish(as in Spain) name...

if i did misread the newspaper on Sly 1?... please ignore everything i typed and just tell me "Drex you're blind" XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
so am i the only one that noticed that Carmelita is being refered to in some of the newspapers as a Latina(or i just misread?) and that she was in NO WAY anything close to speaking like a latina? (i think this was in the first Sly Cooper... i think the paper said "Latina hottie busts X Bad Guy")

i was very curious since i'm from Puerto Rico and i kept on wondering how in HELL is she "latina"... apart from maybe her name... which anyways i think is a Spanish(as in Spain) name...

if i did misread the newspaper on Sly 1?... please ignore everything i typed and just tell me "Drex you're blind" XD

Good point. The newspapers def said something like that. Tbh I'm only like halfway through Sly 2 but don't remember noticing a difference just yet. Probably not paying enough attention, as the games are fun, but tedious at the same time.

• 1 month later...
Just started Sly 3 and now I hear it. Her voice acting is awful and nothing like the other two. Its ridiculous!!

On my version of the Sly Collection the language on Sly 1 is english, but on Sly 2 and 3 they are using norwegian voices, Peneolope sounds like a child on Sly 3... Carmelita sounds ok.

Edited by Oo Ion oO

1 and 2 were fine with me. I barely even notice a difference in those two since she didn't talk that much in the first game and it was so short. Means I probably most use to her second VA. Her third one sound very different. I saw her in the police station and was thinking I hope that not her talking.

• 1 month later...

In the first, she was rocking a spanish accent, in Sly 2, she had none at all, so I was like "Okay?" and then in Sly 3 they tried giving her an accent again, but she doesn't sound spanish at all in this one. She sounds like a character from Frankenstein.

In the first, she was rocking a spanish accent, in Sly 2, she had none at all, so I was like "Okay?" and then in Sly 3 they tried giving her an accent again, but she doesn't sound spanish at all in this one. She sounds like a character from Frankenstein.

I found the Spanish accent to be quite.... ;) effective, but I also didn't mind her voice in the 2nd game. Both equally good sounding lol, I look forward to hearing the Frankenstein character-esque voice ha.

The only accent I didn't like was in Sly 3. It just seemed way too different. Even though there was a change in 1 and 2 I still was okay with the voices. Something just seemed...off with the 3rd voice. Maybe I'm partial to the second voice since the voice actress was the character model for Chell in Portal

• 2 weeks later...