XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Old 06-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBoy2020 View Post
In the first, she was rocking a spanish accent, in Sly 2, she had none at all, so I was like "Okay?" and then in Sly 3 they tried giving her an accent again, but she doesn't sound spanish at all in this one. She sounds like a character from Frankenstein.
I found the Spanish accent to be quite.... effective, but I also didn't mind her voice in the 2nd game. Both equally good sounding lol, I look forward to hearing the Frankenstein character-esque voice ha.
FreddyZadackeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

lol, I noticed some of them had changed voice actors...
At least Bentley hadn't, as far as I noticed! xD

Carm should really have a French accent though!
MMDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

The only accent I didn't like was in Sly 3. It just seemed way too different. Even though there was a change in 1 and 2 I still was okay with the voices. Something just seemed...off with the 3rd voice. Maybe I'm partial to the second voice since the voice actress was the character model for Chell in Portal
Old 06-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Yeah I just started the third game yesterday and holy cow what a difference, her voice is garbageeeeeeeeee, please bring back the voice actress from the 2nd game!!!
FreddyZadackeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

She's meant to be a latina, according to the 1st game. The 1st and 2nd were great. 2nd being the best, but Sly 3 :L Her voice sucked man! Sly 4 better get a better voice actor, and retain the voices for Sly, Bentley and "The Murray".
Jonn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #26 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

First time I heard her talk in 3 it was like a slap in the face with how different it was, and how bad it is in comparison to the first 2.
dragoneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I found the change from Sly 1 to Sly 2 the most jarring. I just wish they'd stay consistent. The Sly 1 voice/accent seems more in keeping with her background so I'd opt for that one.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #28 (permalink)

Carmelitas accent is way off
BANGSTRY101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #29 (permalink)

Default Accents

I liked Carmelita's voice in the second game the best. The first game did seem like they were trying too hard.

I though Neyla's voice was pretty good actually. It only seemed like they were trying a teeny tiny bit too hard and only in certain parts of the game.

Don't get me started on Murray : P

Quote:
Sly 4 better get a better voice actor, and retain the voices for Sly, Bentley and "The Murray".
I'm pretty sure they will. The trailer (not the teaser) for the fourth one has Sly say "This is the last time we leave Dimitri in charge of the hideout" and Bently says "It was also the first". Both are spoken in the voices they've used all series. : )

Last edited by Goovey; 07-09-2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Added the quote and a reply.
Goovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:17 AM   #30 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

In this thread I have seen people say
-They thought Carmelita had a British accent in the first game
-They thought Carmelita sounded nothing like a latina in the first game
-They noticed no difference between the voices in the first two games

Either you guys are playing a different version of the game than me, or you're all on crack. In the first game she has a super thick Spanish accent, and in the second game she sounds like a white girl with no accent. The difference could not be bigger if they tried.

The change in voice actors every game hurt the experience for me, broke my disbelief a little bit. I'm like, "You're not Carmelita! You're an imposter! Why don't you notice, Sly?"

Third game returns the accent but not nearly as strong as the first game and clearly a different VA once again. And the most frustrating thing is that they got it right the first time. The first voice was the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goovey View Post
Don't get me started on Murray : P
I will get you started on Murray! Murray is hilarious, and it's in large part thanks to his voice work, which I highly applaud. Don't diss The Murray or he will break your face!

Platinums (45)
MY ALBUM OF PLATINUMS
^Click^

First to platinum Bakugan: Defenders of the Core on ps3t.org
First to platinum Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (North America version) on ps3t.org

Last edited by TIDQ; 07-12-2011 at 05:20 AM.
TIDQ is offline   Reply With Quote