Rate the trophy difficulty...  

406 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_4.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.10

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't voted yet I'm 1 challenge away from Plat but I give it a 5 for me only because some of the challenges where hard as shit for me. I'm still currently stuck on 1 challenge and It's beat the Gauntlet with no check points and before time runs out if anyone wants to do this for me contact me through PSN lol shit is pissin me off :mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't voted yet I'm 1 challenge away from Plat but I give it a 5 for me only because some of the challenges where hard as shit for me. I'm still currently stuck on 1 challenge and It's beat the Gauntlet with no check points and before time runs out if anyone wants to do this for me contact me through PSN lol shit is pissin me off

That's cheating. Boosting is one thing, asking other people to platinum games for you.. is pathetic. Why not stick with it and actually know you accomplished something for yourself. Why would you even want a platinum knowing you didn't really get it? I helped my roomie out with the challenge rooms on Batman: Arkham Asylum and have teased him ever since.

As for the actual game I won't vote until I get the platty to go with the others, but glad to hear this one is a little trickier than the first 2 at least. While I will be glad to add another to the collection real quick I'm not a huge fan of hand me out platinums. In my opinion it's just too bad that this happens to be the most time consuming platinum as the first 2 games are more enjoyable. Hopefully Sly 4 will stick with Sly and the Gang and not bother with new bunk characters like Guru. Guru sucks.

Edited by BigBacon87

I like Guru a lot. I hate the new rabbit girl forgot her name. The control is awful. They should polish all turrent control for sly 4.

BTW. I don't think people should rate the plat based on their memory of playing it on PS2. It's not accurate.

The challenges are okay, not hard at all after you complete the game. The first time playthrough was little frustrating at times simply because I was new to the gameplay and its not obvious many time what to expect. Once you get a hang of it, everything is simple.

Still a 4

Personally I'm just a few challenges away from the Plat. and I may not continue. Most of the challenges are decent, but just a few are downright nasty - mean-spirited even.

Something like the gauntlet run isn't impossible - but it is frustrating as hell. With the most difficult parts last you end up spending significant time just reaching the point you're having trouble with - often only to die due to camera or control issues. Others like the "destroy 16 drones" challenge are just plain maddening: poor controls, overly aggressive difficulty (why can the drones shoot forward as well - that's just salt in the wound of missing them?) and no chances for redemption (no health, no way to redeem mistakes).

Again, not impossible - but simply no fun. That's key: this isn't fun and I'm too old and work too hard to spend this much time with something that just feels like more work.

(Update: in a fit of pique I just ran through the last eight or nine challenges and got the Plat in about an hour. I still felt much more frustrated than entertained, but at least I don't have to know that it was just hanging out there at 91%.)

Edited by kiwidust

I gave it a 3. Most parts of the game was easy. The master thief challenges weren't too bad. I only had trouble with the Tsao Showdown challenge, where you had to fight General Tsao. I hated those arms crawling out of the ground every time he summons it. It took me a good hour trying to complete that challenge.

This was probably my favorite out of the collection. It only took me two long days to get the platnum. Overall after getting the three platinums and never had the chance to play any of the Sly Cooper games on the PS2, I thought the series was great and I do hope there is a fourth game.

Finally finished up the third game. Gave it a 4 but only because of the Gauntlet and Dr. M challenges, everything else sits around a 2 or 3 but those 2 pissed me off somethin fierce. Glad that is all over. I will play the first 2 again someday but I highly doubt I will ever bother with 3 again. Challenge rooms suck when the games flaws are standing in between you and success.

Finally finished up the third game. Gave it a 4 but only because of the Gauntlet and Dr. M challenges, everything else sits around a 2 or 3 but those 2 pissed me off somethin fierce. Glad that is all over. I will play the first 2 again someday but I highly doubt I will ever bother with 3 again. Challenge rooms suck when the games flaws are standing in between you and success.

I have only one challenge left, the one you have to go through the vault (forgot the name), jumping on those spears is really pissing me off, I knew I was gonna replay this challenge a lot cause it took me ages to pass that thing playing the level normally, but the challenge you have to start at the beginning if you die. I would rather play that Dimitri fight against Dr. M underwater, with half the life and they could even throw a time limit, anything but that awful vault level. If I owned my place, probably would have a few holes on the wall from trowing the controller around. When I complete this last challenge, just like you, I'm never playing Sly 3 again.

I gave this one a 6. Yeah, most of the game only warrants a one or two, but there's the handful of challenges that are really frustrating that are needed for the 100%. Between the Vault run and the timed Dr. M fight, these challeneges alone warrant the 6; I just couldn't average out the total score.

4 on this one. Easily the most difficult of the three so far and that is mainly due to the challenges - some can be very frustrating but with a little patience nothing that cant be handled. Fun game - I really enjoyed this trilogy and its great for trophy whores looking for 3 fairly simple platinums.

I voted 4. The main story is easy enough but damn some of those challenges are frustrating to the point where they become really annoying.

I was tempted to throw my controller at the TV a number of times trying to do complete some of them but as has already been said - nothing that can't be overcome.