Worst In the Series By Far...

Sammo21

I cannot believe how intolerable this game. I really enjoyed the first two games and even like the more recent game, but boy...this one isn't even fun. Had I not put so much time into this one I don't think I'd even bother finishing it. They even took the fun out of getting collectibles of any kind.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was somewhat jaded coming out of Sly 2, so I wasn't sure if I should go ahead and finish this game from my backlog as well or not. However, to my surprise, I found it slightly better than Sly 2. It still isn't a game I particularly like and I probably won't play it ever again, but finishing it wasn't as mind numbing.

The combat is better in the third game compared to the second (better combat skills). I enjoyed the boss fights more as well. The precision for grappling and climbing is still just as bad as it was in Sly 2 though. I had some irritating moments on the ultimate gauntlet challenge because of randomly missing hooks or perch spots. This game's dialogue is slightly more humorous.. but overall not that great. I think the best change is the level design though. Getting around the world areas is much less of a hassle than it was in the 2nd game. I, personally, am somewhat over collectibles in games so I wasn't distraught to see them taken out. They are almost always useless filler. It is shorter than Sly 2 even with the challenges. I think it took me 12.5 hours in total, but some of the challenges were irritating. If the game allowed me to skip cutscenes and dialog it would have cut off a lot of time.

I also noticed a few glitches in Sly 3 that were lame. There is a rare bug where the audio will cut out and cause the game to freeze up in the next cutscene. I also had a sound glitch where everything had some kind of static effect going on which required a game reset to fix.

Edited by Elegy

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...