XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Old 02-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I hop Sly 4 isnt like this one?

I loved this series when younger but I never played number 3, the first 2 games and the minigames in this collection have been SO much fun! But Sly 3 has me wanting to quit altogether. The game isn't fun. The controls of the bi-plane are sending me crazy. Anyone know if there is a way to change this? I also hate all the extra playable characters, Murray and Bentley were alright in Sly 2 but I buy a Sly game to play as Sly not to play some as some bad side characters in boring minigames.

Up until playing this one Sly 4 was a day one purchase... Not so sure anymore... I hope Sly 4 isn't like this. The gameplay is so frustrating.

Last edited by Jaxical; 02-06-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Jaxical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxical View Post
I loved this series when younger but I never played number 3, the first 2 games and the minigames in this collection have been SO much fun! But Sly 3 has me wanting to quit altogether. The game isn't fun. The controls of the bi-plane are sending me crazy. Anyone know if there is a way to change this? I also hate all the extra playable characters, Murray and Bentley were alright in Sly 2 but I buy a Sly game to play as Sly not to play some as some bad side characters in boring minigames.

Up until playing this one Sly 4 was a day one purchase... Not so sure anymore... I hope Sly 4 isn't like this. The gameplay is so frustrating.
i agree and disagree. I liked sly 3, and although i had to be other characters, i got through it. I really hope sly 4 is huge. What i mean is if i can put 3 games on one cd, then sly 4, with its cd all to itself, should be massive.

I want to play sly4, but honestly as long as its fun, with a great story, i could care less about 1/3 of it being other characters.

What you have to wonder is
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

I put it in a spoiler since it includes a question about the end of 3 and the story line of 4

dude

Last edited by Crealkllr; 02-06-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Crealkllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I personally hope Sly 4 is like Sly 3. There seems to be a lot of mixed feelings on the Sly series but I just felt Sly 2 was painfully boring and repetitive. It was formulaic across the whole game, not much variety, and a story that seemed half-assed. Sly 3 felt a lot more refined and a lot more enjoyable to me. Then again, it is a different developer so who knows how it could turn out. I'm happy that Dimitri is back.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornagandarub View Post
I personally hope Sly 4 is like Sly 3. There seems to be a lot of mixed feelings on the Sly series but I just felt Sly 2 was painfully boring and repetitive. It was formulaic across the whole game, not much variety, and a story that seemed half-assed. Sly 3 felt a lot more refined and a lot more enjoyable to me. Then again, it is a different developer so who knows how it could turn out. I'm happy that Dimitri is back.
yes i agree. sly 2 was very long. idk if it was actually long, but seemed like it. I liked sly3 because i like when a bunch of people come together and save the day. Mini games were ok. Really like the story, and how fast the different scenes went by

idk i want it to be fun. if it mixed a bit of all 3 previous ones, i would be fine, but i hope that its nice and big. fun to play. maybe more multiplayer parts. who knows what it will be like.

Last edited by Crealkllr; 02-07-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Crealkllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you want a boss fight gameplay on sly 4 where Nolan north plays a boss called el tigre so far the only thing really new is outfits they each have a special ability the only one I know of is the fire damage resistant otfit and if you want more look at gin e3 2011 gameplay
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ideally, I'd like Sly 4 to be a mix of Sly 1 and Sly 2. I loved the fact that added "HP" in Sly 2. (As far as I remember it wasn't like this in the original). But the platforming style was better in Sly 1. And what would be best is removing the gameplay as characters besides Sly. The only one besides Sly that was close to tolerable was Carmelita. All other characters were AWFUL.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Personally, I hope it plays more like an actual platformer, rather than a collection of minigames like Sly 3. I love the first one the best...but the story in all three games were great, and I love all the characters. I hope that keeps up in number 4.

Also, do these games have something against birds? So many bad guys are birds lol.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

I felt Sly 3 was the worst of the 3, we shall see about Sly 4
Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

loved sly 1 it was a 6 hour platinum lol....i hated sly 2 it was stretched out and beyond repetitive....i kinda likes sly 3 but the bosses were annoying b/c of their spamming! all in all 3 easy platinums....now for sly 4!! they have had like 7 years to make the game it better be good!

1. make it so you can skip the cutscenes
2. take all the random guys out
3. more mission variety (like sly 3)
4. fix the cpu they are so stupid
5. do the first 4
YoungProdigy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Actually bosses in Sly 3 were pretty cool. I disagree that they spammed, rather that they just had strong patterns you had to learn. Besides that stupid underwater fight with the mechanical anglerfish where you had to destroy your controller to get through, I find that the bosses were pretty fun and original.