Did this bother you?

First off, don't get me wrong. I LOVE Sly. Always have. Always will. But there is something in Sly 3 that just doesn't feel right, and it kinda bothers me.

Panda King.

You help the Panda King get his daughter back, and he joins the Cooper Gang. I get that Sly Cooper is a good guy. But, last I checked, Panda King was one of five people to break into Sly's house as a young raccoon, steal The Theivius Raccoonus, AND FREAKING KILL HIS PARENTS!!!

So, I'm supposed to be OK with a new member of Sly's gang being a panda who straight up murdered his Mom and Dad - making Sly an orphan? I don't think so. I call shenanigans on that.

Just my 2 cents.

First off, don't get me wrong. I LOVE Sly. Always have. Always will. But there is something in Sly 3 that just doesn't feel right, and it kinda bothers me.

Panda King.

You help the Panda King get his daughter back, and he joins the Cooper Gang. I get that Sly Cooper is a good guy. But, last I checked, Panda King was one of five people to break into Sly's house as a young raccoon, steal The Theivius Raccoonus, AND FREAKING KILL HIS PARENTS!!!

So, I'm supposed to be OK with a new member of Sly's gang being a panda who straight up murdered his Mom and Dad - making Sly an orphan? I don't think so. I call shenanigans on that.

Just my 2 cents.

Sly didn't want him in the gang.

Panda King.

Just my 2 cents.

the panda king is actually cool. i actually found murray more annoying in the game.

I know that Sly wasn't big on having him in the gang. But the end result is that he is. I am just bothered that, after all is said and done, everyone (including Sly) is OK with having Sly's parents murderer in their gang. Add to that the scene where Panda King argues with himself over whether or not he should murder Sly now, also.

And, yeah, Murray was kinda annoying. But, he didn't MASSACRE SLY'S FAMILY! I know, it's just a game. About a raccoon. But I just think it's a terrible plotline to have Panda in the gang. Unless........

SLY 4 - The Slow Torturous Death of a Panda :think:

Good guys have to forgive sometimes. And that probably was mostly Clockwerk doing.

Spoilers from the first two games below

The series has a few plot holes in it. Like how the Cooper gang is mad at Neyla for tricking and stealing from them. When in the first one they claim that what master thieves do steal from other thieves.

Good guys have to forgive sometimes. And that probably was mostly Clockwerk doing.

The series has a few plot holes in it. Like how the Cooper gang is mad at Neyla for tricking and stealing from them. When in the first one they claim that what master thieves do steal from other thieves.

Well, Neyla isn't a master thief, she's a corrupt cop.

• 2 weeks later...

No thief wants to be stolen from. Its a slap in the face. Doesn't matter who it is!!!! Its not a plot hole!!!

• 1 month later...

My thoughts are, How do all these bosses from the previous games get out of jail?

[spoiler=areyouokayannie=]During the credits of Sly 2, the Klaww Gang are all seen going on to do other things, Rajan a carpet saleman, Jean Bison an environmentalist(maybe community service though?), etc

Why is Muggshot out of jail just to go right back in after Carmelita beats him in Holland?

And don't get me started on Dimitri, why is he in a jail in Venice when he was booked in Paris?

I wish these sentences were much more permanent (or they just died :)) I'd love to scratch these people off my mental checklist. >_<

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked Sly forgiving Panda King. I just thought it was cool on Sly's part.

Even if Master thieves steal from other thieves it doesn't mean they have to like each other. Plus Neyla got the Clockwerk parts.

I assume the jail systems are very weak in the game. Mugshot and Panda King killed at least 2 people and got out. Also Dmitri could have done something in Paris. Plus he becomes famous at the end of Sly 3 and he's not being arrested for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Panda King.

Just my 2 cents.

This doesn't make sense to me either. Nonetheless, I still love the game!

• 3 weeks later...

I would have loved to have an Episode on rebuilding Clockwerk and having him join our gang instead... All throught the game (upon recruiting the Panda King) I was expecting him to double cross the gang and try to destroy us. Was dissapointed when he didn't.

Overall, having the Panda King join wasn't something that killed the game for me. It is still the second best (With Sly 1 being the best).

I still shudder at the memory of the zombie level, not looking forward to doing that one again.