Gave up on Platinum!

I'm sad to admit it, on such an easy game, I just had to give up.

I played the first and loved it. Played the second and found it painfully long and boring.

Came to the third and felt I needed a break from the series and so left it for a bit. Come today I reinserted it and was bored out of my mind. It just feels way to repetitive now and why in the world there is no skip button for Bentley's constant annoying rambling is beyond me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These games were great back in the day and I think they still hold up well. But as games have improved dramtically and there are so many great new games it can be difficult to stick to these 3 back to back. I'm in the process of finishing 3 but it is taking longer as the first 2 did burn me out a little. I will finish it but I think the worst will be the challenges as those have and will piss me off.

wel i eventually platted it. i took a long break after sly 2. when i started sly 3 i actually found this 1 of the best games of the sly trilogy. (in my opinion it was better then sly 1 that was actually good too.)

i also dont like to play with bentley. he has annoying voice and its confrontating to see him like this because i actually know real life people who are in the same position like bentley(spoiler play sly 2 out to know what i mean)

Maybe you need to take a longer break than you originally thought. I'm feeling this exact same way about the Tomb Raider Trilogy. I platted both Legend and Anniversary just lose steam when playing Underworld. I don't even know when I'll get back to it now especially since I recently picked up the Prince of Persia Trilogy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

god. lol i thought i was the only one. but, no backing out now, 39 percent done then i can return this crap to gamefly. im sure back in the day it was fun as hell, but it just doesn't hold up to next gen standards... although, if they made a jack and daxter hd collection, i'd shit.

I think the games hold up great by today's standards. They don't really feel ancient or outdated like the PS1 Resident Evils for example, and they look great visually. I just finished Sly 2 and moving on to 3. I played them all back on PS2 and played most of the PS2 Sly 2 again on PS3 before I got Collection so replaying most of 2 was a little bit of a chore. Excited to move onto 3 now which I don't remember much of at all. I didn't remember that they took out the clue bottles, that was my favorite part of the game! Maybe they reappear after Venice (I hope!)

The funny thing is that the best game in the trilogy is the first one. :D Then with the "improvements" they made in Sly 2 it became a lot more boring, and Sly 3 was even worse than that, because of the stupid plot and new characters.

I liked Sly 1's mission and safe structure/setup a lot, I was cool with 2 but they did things a lot differently with not having totally separate levels for every mission. The clue bottles were much better in 2 though, you really had to search to get em all. 3 so far is looking reaaallly nice visually and I love that you don't have to sell your loot anymore but I hate the missing clue bottles. Not sure about the mission structure yet. I played all of these before but I don't really remember any of it.

The funny thing is that the best game in the trilogy is the first one. :D Then with the "improvements" they made in Sly 2 it became a lot more boring, and Sly 3 was even worse than that, because of the stupid plot and new characters.

Agreed that Sly 1 is the best. Sly 2 and 3 are too overwhelmed with Mini games, though I like the open episode map and pickpocketing. Really depends how much you like the mini games.

I don't mind the minigames, some are frustrating but I love the change of pace and constantly changing up the genre, very cool. It seems like Sly 3 is really streamlined but not in a good way. Still a great game but I miss searching for the clue bottles and the clinking sound they made. I love that treasure automatically converts into coins though, great idea.