grabbing hooks.....

LoJac963

I have had no issues until recently grabbing onto the hooks and loops in episode 6. I am on Choo Choo at the very end when you have to hit a loop, then a pipe to go under the train then 2 more loops. I can't for the life of me hang from the loops.

I've tried spamming the O button when I'm close and he just wont' grab them. I've tried running, double jumping, everything and he just won't grab them.

Am I missing something? I feel this shouldn't be that difficult......:mad:

just got it. Figures everytime I start a thread I get passed the section I can't.

For those of you who are having issue. Don't try and jump right towards the first hook and pipe, just jump straight up and hit O. That should make him grab them. Crawl under the train and aim yourself towards the next 2 hooks. When you are above them double jump and hit O.

Easy after playing that section about 50 times!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
The entire grapple feature is off in this game. The first had a tighter control system, but this game I find myself jumping right onto a grapple just to find myself falling to the ground or back on the pipe that I started on. -__-;;

Couldn't agree more. I never had any problems in the first game when trying to jump and grab hooks/pipes/vines/etc. In this game I've struggled a lot. I'm not sure what they changed or why they changed it. This has been very frustrating for me.

Good tip above to always double jump immediately. That has seemed to help.

Edited by vikebone