Clock-La frustrating to anybody?

GuNz_52

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Horrendous start to this boss fight. It goes on forever since the controls are so ridiculously bad in these first-person shooter stages. It registers one or two hits for about every 20 you hit her with. Old programming trick to extend the life of a short game by making you do certain parts over and over and over.

• 2 months later...
Horrendous start to this boss fight. It goes on forever since the controls are so ridiculously bad in these first-person shooter stages. It registers one or two hits for about every 20 you hit her with. Old programming trick to extend the life of a short game by making you do certain parts over and over and over.

For every shot i hit it still registered :confused:

Although they probably did very little damage so it can be hard to notice

• 1 month later...

Only took me 2 tries. Once i learned that you should only shoot the rings once and then let them pass, it was easy. Just go all out when you see a red missle to blow it up, and at other times, fire in short bursts so the gun recharges constantly.

Clock-La was 10 times easier than Clockwork from Sly 1.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I so freaking agree. Clockwork was the biggest pain in my ass since i almost broke my tailbone. LOL But seriously i have always found Clock-La to be easy to beat. (At least on PS2)

Agreed. This battle only took me like 3 attempts. The Boss from Sly 1 took quite a few more tries!

Despite the harder boss, I think Sly 1 was a much better game.

• 2 weeks later...

This is how I feel. The controls...well the aim seems to jerk around rather than moving smoothly, so I feel like it's total luck if I get the missiles before they hit me. I've been trying now, I don't know how long. For all the people who say it was easy...any tips? I'm sure a lot of you are just plain better at it than me, but I don't think I'm THAT bad...I've played a lot of aiming/shooting games, flying or not, and I've never felt like finding the target is so out of control!

I finally got it and I'll give my advice about how I did it for anyone who's still struggling:

First off, don't give up. It sucks (it did for me) but it's one of those things you have to keep practicing. I tried for literally hours...not 2 tries, not 10, but maybe dozens! Practice helped me get better at hitting the first two kinds of missiles, and stopping Clock-La's red blast thing. Getting to know what order they are coming, and just practicing working with the jerky aim helped me. I would sometimes keep hitting the bird and leave the missiles until they were a little closer and easier to hit. I finally got to where I was able to not get hit through the first stage so that when the rings are coming I had enough health to take a few hits without dying. Because I found that there was no way to stop both the rings and the red blast sometimes, so you have to take one or the other.

I also watched a video of someone beating it, and was relieved that you only have to get the bird's health down about 2/3, not all the way. As I was getting closer to that with my better runs, I had the hope to keep trying.

I honestly disliked this game and only played it because I got it free...if I didn't plat it because of this one annoying boss I would have been.....well...............not happy. :p

Edited by LikeRain

I agree with some of the things that were said above. I just beat this today and it was frustrating but definitely do-able. You just have to be patient. Don't wait on shooting missles or rings just to get more hits on Clock-La. As soon as the missles or rings come out, you should concentrate on those first.

And also... It did take me a couple tries to figure out that the rings were just an on\off switch. I couldn't figure it out until about my fifth time dying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

She seemed worse before I figured out the tricks that were mentioned earlier in the thread. I actually started repositioning my right hand on the controller almost like on a steering wheel so I could more easily rapidfire. Doing the traditional clicking of the R2 just started tiring out my index finger when trying to rapidly hit it.

Worse for me was jumping from piece to piece when Arpeggio's place is falling from the sky. Sometimes things would tilt just right and I'd land, others I'd just barely miss. It was just too touchy no matter the timing. Then, with Clock-la, it had to be bad design or something...I just stood next to her head and kept whacking her. Thing is, the last couple of hits were tricky because I had to inch back so she'd tilt her head towards me and I could TRY to whack her. Felt so glitchy.

Edited by GearsOfTheDead

• 1 month later...