clue bottles?!

D_E

do i need to collect them to advance in the story or to help me ease some levels or should i just ignore them!?

You don't need them to advance the story. The 30 in each episode gives you the combination to open the episode's safe and get a new technique. I'm on Ep 5 and only opened the first 2. Don't know if the others are useful or not.

You also need to collect 30 clues for the associated trophies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, I took them all...

but they make you use around 30-60mins more on each level.

I spent 1 hour and 30mins to 3 hours on each level. I image the average would have been 1 and half hour instead of almost 2 and a half, if I hadn't taken all the clue bottles.

On the other side, you get to explore the levels much more! =)

you get the feeling you completed the game.

you learn the extra moves...

It's not really that hard to find them either, except the 5 last ones you always spend a lot of time looking for on each level! xD

Just listen for them though, they make a sound when you are close by one!

Edited by MMDE

Personally, I took them all...

but they make you use around 30-60mins more on each level.

I spent 1 hour and 30mins to 3 hours on each level. I image the average would have been 1 and half hour instead of almost 2 and a half, if I hadn't taken all the clue bottles.

On the other side, you get to explore the levels much more! =)

you get the feeling you completed the game.

you learn the extra moves...

It's not really that hard to find them either, except the 5 last ones you always spend a lot of time looking for on each level! xD

Just listen for them though, they make a sound when you are close by one!

I'm with ya, I had fun collecting all the bottles. Added quite a bit of play time to the game.

• 1 month later...

It's good to know that it's not like the 1st game (where a trophy required 100% of the bottles from 100% of the locations)

Is there a list of the abilities that are unlocked in each level? And more specifically, which ones are really important? If there are only one or two abilities that are worth unlocking, then those would be the level(s) where I go for all 30 bottles.

• 4 months later...
do i need to collect them to advance in the story or to help me ease some levels or should i just ignore them!?

No you dont need them to complete the story. You might want to try to get them as you play, as the more skills you have, the easier the levels are to complete.

Never opened any, but i am sure the skills will be helpful

Edit: I am past half way and now i want to add a question. If i had to pick one chapter to get the vault, which chapter has the best skill. I got the first 3 vaults, but wondering if i should go after others, since those first 3 were not that useful

Edited by Crealkllr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I assumed that the techniques you learn from opening each safe were moves you could buy on ThiefNet also. is this not true?

Are any of the techniques you acquire from opening a safe moves that fulfill a trophy? or is it required to buy them to get the trophy?

I was just wondering as I am only on Chapter two at the moment and not bored with the length of the game that some have complained about yet, so I may try to collect the bottles for extra fun. or at east to save having to buy the moves that net you a trophy if my assumption (that was really only a made up idea in my head) is correct

• 4 months later...

The first thing I am doing at the start of every chapter is search for the bottles. I find it gets me used to the map, which cuts down time on later missions, since I know what Bentley is talking about. I definitely think the clue bottles are a missed trophy opportunity, especially considering how they spammed clue-based trophies in the first one. xD

I'm with ya, I had fun collecting all the bottles. Added quite a bit of play time to the game.

Same here, the clues are so fun to get.

Although to those who want to skip collecting, I'd get the clues in Episode 3, as you get a electric cane move, it can come in handy later in the game.

• 4 months later...
I assumed that the techniques you learn from opening each safe were moves you could buy on ThiefNet also. is this not true?

Are any of the techniques you acquire from opening a safe moves that fulfill a trophy? or is it required to buy them to get the trophy?

I was just wondering as I am only on Chapter two at the moment and not bored with the length of the game that some have complained about yet, so I may try to collect the bottles for extra fun. or at east to save having to buy the moves that net you a trophy if my assumption (that was really only a made up idea in my head) is correct

All moves acquired via the safes are ONLY available via the safes, and looking at trophy list, all moves that are needed to get all trophies and (P) all come from Thiefnet.

Personally I'd recommend getting the safe in Episode 3 as a minimum, as it may come in handy later.

All moves acquired via the safes are ONLY available via the safes, and looking at trophy list, all moves that are needed to get all trophies and (P) all come from Thiefnet.

Personally I'd recommend getting the safe in Episode 3 as a minimum, as it may come in handy later.

The music box in Canada is also worth getting the clue bottles for. Its a throwable item that put all enemies in a radius to sleep (easy prey for pickpocketing, or silent takedowns to take out large groups of enemies).

• 3 weeks later...

Just as I was platting Trine 2, I remember thinking should I finish the game even though I platted it, or move on? I did say I was going to finish it, but I never went back; as basically the main reason was not necessarily cuz it was already platted, it was mostly because I didn't quite enjoy it as the original.

I didn't do that this time, I made sure every episode was 100% before I started the next one, and while some of the bottle clues did leave me a lil irked at times, I was not going to just speed plat this just to add another one to my trophy list.

• 3 months later...