XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > L (PS3) > L.A. Noire > A Slip of the Tongue

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to GODCHILD1020 Send a message via MSN to GODCHILD1020

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Platinum Submission   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Default L.A Noire: A Slip of the Tongue Trophy Guide

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.
This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Overview

Estimated difficulty: 2/10
Estimated time to platinum: 30-40 Minutes
Offline trophies: 5 (4 , 1 )
Minimum number of playthroughs required: 1
Do cheats affect trophies?: None
Do difficulty trophies stack?: No difficulty trophies
Number of missable trophies:None, The case can be replayed.
Glitched trophies: None

Introduction
This is the DLC that was available to those that pre-ordered/reserved there copy of L.A Noire or bought the Content from the PSN store. This case takes place during the Traffic case before "The Fallen Idol" case and after the "Marriage Made in Heaven" Case. You will have to access this case from the cases Menu from the Main Menu.

Slip of the Tongue is a Traffic case allowing Cole and his partner to investigate an auto theft ring using unauthorized pink slips. There are 5 trophies and 4 of these trophies must be earned at the A specific time, you can restarting the case or quit to the main menu to start over, if you feel you have made a mistake.You will be able to resume from the last time the game saved, so make sure you are aware of your save points. (They are mostly done when you reach and leave a key location)

If you need any help getting any of the Clues or branching any questions lease use http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/la-...dlc-cases.html

The Printer's Devil
Complete 'A Slip of the Tongue'.

This case takes place during the traffic Desk, it can be found in the cases Menu in the traffic case folder. Cole and his partner will have to track where the stole cars are coming from and how to stop them from being stole. This is story related. There is a total of 18 clues and 20 questions that will need to be asked in this case. Some question/clues you can miss to get past the case. You do not need to get a Five star Rank to get this trophy. All you have to do is reach the end of the case for this trophy to pop. If you want a clue and Interview guide to aid in your path to completion, please use this guide to find the clues and answers to each question of every interview. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/la-...dlc-cases.html

Secret Trophies
Racing For Pinks
Find and inspect all of the Marquee-printed pink slips.

There are 4 separate times when you are able to get a pink slip, each time you will need to find one or learn about one. Two (2) pink slips are given to you, one (1) that you will have to earn by getting a question right and the Fourth (4th) set of slips you will have to find. Make sure to Press to examine the Pink slip even further. Thanks LeadExample for the video.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Femme Imbécile
Correctly branch every question in the interview with Jean Archer.

After leaving the Police station the second time. There will be an officer in the police station that will tell you that someone has called in the Location of Jean Archer. You can either run to the location which is a block or two from the station or jump into the car and drive there. You will ask her three questions. Get them all right and the trophy will pop after the cutscene is over. Thanks LeadExample for the video.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Chop Shop
During the Industrial Street raid, kill a goon by shooting the hanging engine block.

Once you reach 58 Industrial street, Cole and his partner will enter a gun fight. Break out of cover and run to where your partner is located. Look inside the building you will see an engine hanging straight ahead from where you sanding and a Man in a green shirt close by. You have to be quick to get it done. (If you miss the chance just let them kill you, you will start at that location again). Shoot the chain that is holding the engine afloat, once you shoot it the engine will fall and cause an explosion, causing the guy in the green shirt to go flying and die. Trophy will pop soon after. Thanks LeadExample for the video.

Nowhere In A Hurry
Catch and arrest Cliff Harrison before he is stopped by uniformed backup.

This can be missed if you don't stop the vehicle quick enough. As you start the game you will have to head to a house, once you get there you will see a man fleeing in his car. Stop the car by hitting it, park your car and run towards it. A cutscene will start and the trophy will soon follow. If you happen to not stop the car before you reach the end, just restart the case or quit to start back from the beginning of the chase. Hitting the car from the side will help stop the fleeing car a lot easier. Thanks LeadExample for the video.

Last edited by Terminator; 12-07-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added a link to the stickied guide.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Rated J

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

That was quick! Will you be doing a Naked City guide too?

Follow me on Twitter? https://twitter.com/JayHeron7
Old 06-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Platinum Submission   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated J View Post
Yea, That will be up in a few hours. I'm going to bed.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maximum Clubs Director

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Staff - Clubs Director
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODCHILD1020 View Post
Yea, That will be up in a few hours. I'm going to bed.
I feel you GODCHILD. I'm way too tired to work on a second DLC guide at this hour, let alone get videos up Good stuff so far, can't wait to try this!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODCHILD1020 View Post
Nowhere In A Hurry
Catch and arrest Cliff Harrison before he is stopped by uniformed backup.

This is story related and cannot be missed.
you can miss this, if you don't take him out quickly enough he will be stopped by the uniformed Police and you won't get the trophy

Last edited by chalky83; 06-02-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

[edit] Once again, I make myself look like an idiot by not reading all of the posts. My bad!

Anyway, to actually add something: the "Nowhere In A Hurry" trophy might actually be the first and so far only hard trophy in the entire game. I have tried getting it a few times, but spinning out that car is tricky (as the video shows) and getting the driver to crash into something will require some luck.

Last edited by Moving On; 06-02-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: I am an idiot
Old 06-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalky83 View Post
you can miss this, if you don't take him out quickly enough he will be stopped by the uniformed Police and you won't get the trophy
Thanks I will change It.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Silver Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated J View Post
we both got it as soon as it came up. The Rockstar Pass is the way to go.
just in case anybody did not know. before downloading the pass all the other DLC have a price tag (except 1) but after you purchase the pass everything changes to FREE
Old 06-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission

Nowhere in a hurry is a pain, I definately stopped him before the backup got him, but no trophy.

Ok, got it second time through

Last edited by ekkatin; 06-03-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

well that ''nowhere in a hurry'' was a piece of piss - just got it first time, didnt even realise it was that early into the story lol.

cant wait to finish this and do the rest.
Closed Thread

Tags
a slip of the tongue, trophy guide and roadmap