How to gain Triad XP in Definitive Edition?

MuteMe

I've finished basically everything now, and I've run into the same problem as many others. Half a level left to level 10.

In the PS3-version, I remember that you could replay the Shaolin event, but that icon is gone in the Def. Edition (cant repeat it). Replaying the story missions wont give me alot of XP, if any. Dont know if I can finish them with a higher score than I already have.

Does the DLC work towards triad XP? Got any other tip?

Have you tried wearing the Mountain Master Triad clothing? It gives you a 15% boost to Triad XP earned, so you could probably earn more by wearing it during story missions.

Alternatively (and I'm not certain about this!) there's a set of police gear from one of the DLCs I think that doubles Cop XP but awards zero Triad XP. Maybe there's a set that does the same for Triad?

There are no DLCs on the store for Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition.

Because they are already all included in the game ! ;)

Yep some additional missions (that aren't part of the main ones) + some extra outfits help a lot, also you can replay and ameliorate your score in some of the main missions.

It's like for the PS3 version.

Because they are already all included in the game ! ;)

Yep some additional missions (that aren't part of the main ones) + some extra outfits help a lot, also you can replay and ameliorate your score in some of the main missions.

It's like for the PS3 version.

I meant in reference to the XP boosts that are on the store for the PS3 version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Have you tried wearing the Mountain Master Triad clothing? It gives you a 15% boost to Triad XP earned, so you could probably earn more by wearing it during story missions.

Alternatively (and I'm not certain about this!) there's a set of police gear from one of the DLCs I think that doubles Cop XP but awards zero Triad XP. Maybe there's a set that does the same for Triad?

Um, WHERE do you find this Mountain Master Triad set???

*UPDATE*

To answer my own question: the stores around Central. Doesn't do ya much good though until you get your Face level to 7 :mad:

Edited by TacoNinja

• 3 weeks later...

4th playthrough and trophy popped after the 2nd last Triad mission. It's fun to see your score getting better with each playthrough, but still, there were a few missions where I absolutely had a pretty low score.

What I did was getting face level 7 asap, getting the 15% bonus set and then just try to get as many points as possible. Arm/leg breaks are awesome. During car chases, shoot the passengers/drivers first, then explode the car for extra points.

Missions like "The Funeral" or "Loose Ends" are great, there's lots of enemy cars that don't need to be shot to progress the story. But if you do, that's hundreds of extra points. Same goes for "Civil Discord".

Also, do action hijacks if possible. Ignore the cop score penalties as cop level 10 is easily achieved.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I would assume so :think: Checked the store? They do cost btw unsure on the PS4.

I had a look at the XP boost cause i just started the PS3 version and they are only 3$ and 2$ respectively...

Compared to today's outrageous Micro Transactions (at 15$ the lootbox) its nothing :rolleyes:

Considering i got the game free twice on Xbox and bough the PS3 version used for 5$ ... I think i can definately drop a 5$ more to encourage a great game i loved.

exactly what mission gives triad XP other than main missions.

I forgot to put on a triad xp set until "initiation" and am stuck at level 7 w/ only a few main missions to go (got the mountain master set though).

I was wondering where else could I get more triad XP? i heard those DLC missions do give triad XP, anything else?

• 4 years later...

No grinding for Triad EXP this time (playing for a fourth and final stack) as I made sure I got the Mountain Master Triad Set at the earliest possible opportunity, though this meant purposely grinding for FACE levels.

Had to also do a string of combo varieties when fighting enemies with the arm+leg breaking combos giving the most points when done in conjunction with one another. 

When it comes to using weapons, always aim for headshots as they also give the most points.

Edited by Naps