Trophy rarity basically proves Triad XP earning is bullshit

OceanH

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1378/401.jpg Ultimate Fighter (B)

Unlock ten Triad Upgrades.

If it was easy to earn Triad XP, this wouldn't be the 8th least earned trophy (of the main retail list):

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7621&stc=1&d=1413117127

The other 7 least earned trophies are:

Auto Enthusiast: 5.5% of players who played the game earned it.

Fashion Victim: 4.9%

Event Planner: 3.9%

Chief Inspector: 3.5%

Solid Silver: 3%

Pure Gold: 2.9%

Hong Kong Legend: 2.8%

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to get the Triad Xp is to wear the Retro Triad Costume. It's best to do EVERY cop job available, as well as try to get an high Cop score in each missions as well. So once you get to level 10 cop you can get RTC from the vendor in the Night Market and wear it for most of the missions. I did all of the available and in the last mission I was halfway was level 9 and then once I finished it, I got the Big Smile Lee trophy and the Triad level 10 trophy. This is possible, just is slower in the "DE" version. It's possible to get it easier in the PS3 version, and faster.

The best way to get the Triad Xp is to wear the Retro Triad Costume. It's best to do EVERY cop job available, as well as try to get an high Cop score in each missions as well. So once you get to level 10 cop you can get RTC from the vendor in the Night Market and wear it for most of the missions. I did all of the available and in the last mission I was halfway was level 9 and then once I finished it, I got the Big Smile Lee trophy and the Triad level 10 trophy. This is possible, just is slower in the "DE" version. It's possible to get it easier in the PS3 version, and faster.

or go find a single red envelope and buy it right from the start after the first mission

or go find a single red envelope and buy it right from the start after the first mission

That's dumb to go find random Red Envelopes.. and even the post about it nevers loads up.. all you have to do is play the game.. and you'll eventually get enough to buy it by the time you get your Central Apartment. Hell.. Doing the Tran Missions allowed me to have 5 million without Red Envelopes. Plus doing the Roland Collections and Cop Missions and so on, you'll have enough to get the RTC. For anyone else wanting to know, by the time you get to Central, you should be able to have enough money to buy everything. This is just based on everything I did, so long as you do all the Tran, Cop, Side(however minimal) and DLC missions. You can have the Cock-Fighting opened from the get go. This is just added bonus to help with money and the some of the side missions offer Triad Xp from the DLC. (The round, yellow, exclamation points)

That's dumb to go find random Red Envelopes.. and even the post about it nevers loads up.. all you have to do is play the game.. and you'll eventually get enough to buy it by the time you get your Central Apartment. Hell.. Doing the Tran Missions allowed me to have 5 million without Red Envelopes. Plus doing the Roland Collections and Cop Missions and so on, you'll have enough to get the RTC. For anyone else wanting to know, by the time you get to Central, you should be able to have enough money to buy everything. This is just based on everything I did, so long as you do all the Tran, Cop, Side(however minimal) and DLC missions. You can have the Cock-Fighting opened from the get go. This is just added bonus to help with money and the some of the side missions offer Triad Xp from the DLC. (The round, yellow, exclamation points)

it loaded up just fine and only took me 30 mins to find them all using taxi's :/

Thanks for the info on the game Jay. Will help when we play it!

This is pretty much the same way I got it, during the last mission, except that I was using the Red Pole triad set (10%) and upgraded to Mountain Master (15%) as soon as possible. This way I avoided replaying missions unlike my time on the PS3.

I don't know about anyone else but the Triad EXP was a walk in the park after I found that I needed to wear the EXP boosting outfit. The trophy isn't hard at all. Most players (all players, not trophy hunters only) just naturally get the other and don't bother with this one. The PSN rarity stats don't really prove much.

I don't know if it's been stated, but the Zodiac Tournament, Death of a thousand cuts, Triad Highway, and the other DLC event marked by a yellow exclamation point all provide Triad XP. The outfit that gives you a 10% XP boost can be gotten fairly early, so make that your priority.

• 2 weeks later...

Ultimate Fighter - Fast Method for XP without use of DLC

NOTE: Before attempting this, equip an outfit granting you the "Mountain Triad Set" bonus and make sure you have the Leg Breaker and Stun Strike Follow-Up combos!

Replay missions you have less than three full triangles on. When fighting enemies, use the Leg Breaker combo: :circle:, :square:, hold :square: then while the enemy is stunned (white circle above head) on the ground, press :square: to use the Stun Strike Follow-up attack. Doing this should net you about 45-75xp per use. Beware that the larger enemies, enemies with weapons or grapplers are immune to this. However, enemies with melee weapons can be disarmed by sprinting towards them and tackling them (hold :cross: + :circle:) and enemies with guns can be disarmed by free-running attack (:cross: over cover) or by simply pressing :circle:.

Also, if you have a gun, it helps to shoot up every unoccupied mission vehicle (the ones used by your fellow triads, by rivals, or used for cover). This nets you an extra 25xp for destroyed car and help for Wrecker Gold.

During car chases, take it slow and shoot non-driver enemies for headshots (30xp), shoot the vehicle the until on fire then shoot out a tire (20-35xp?). The car should explode after flipping and gain you an extra 25xp. Doing this gets you 75xp to 110xp per car, depending on the amount of passengers in car.

Using what's stated above, I surpassed the mission scores of my friends, who have also obtained the platinum, by hundreds of points. I needed to fill the up half of the bar in order to reach Level 10 Triad and with this, I only had to replay four missions. Hopefully this helps! :)

Edited by JayPBM
Clarification

I ended up only having to get three more triad triangles from replays after the game.

As others have said: plan early and save time.

As soon as you have enough Face for the Mountain Man outfit, buy it. Then alternate counters, leg breaks, and dim maks. You'll three star the missions pretty much all the time.

I bought triad plus gear as soon as I could and upgraded whenever I saw better gear. Once I completed the story missions, I only had to do 1 more mission to get level 10. Not sure if the PS4 edition has been improved or just my better planning allowed this. I remember the 360 edition having quite a few more mission replays to get this done.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd been worrying about getting level 10 triad after reading all the posts on here. After completing the game I was at 9.5, I replayed about 6 missions where I only had 2 triangles and this was enough to reach level 10. I wore the 15% triad outfit too.

All in all, this wasn't as difficult as I was expecting.