honestly I didn't like this game

IsaacPlaystation321

coming from playing GTA V I bought this game and had a look see. and I'm going to go over a few things that I didnt like

1. the fighting mechanics sucks , I've seen better hand to hand melee combat in Batman Arkham City

2. the driving part of the game was a big letdown for me because when comparing to GTA's driving mechanics, Sleeping Dogs made it feel that the cars where glued to the streets or something like they are not that loose. Playing GTA all my life I see that Sleeping Dogs driving skills is no match for GTA

3. usually a game like this should have a fold in map in the box but it didn't

Comparing this to GTA V is just plain stupid, no offence. It's a much older game, by a different developer. Why would you expect a map? I mean really, how many actual sandbox games, apart from R*, actually do that?

This.

The first point just isn't true cause the fighting is just fine, better the most sandbox games. Second point is true with the "glued to road" feel but in no way was that a bad thing towards to game itself and it being compared to something on the scale of GTA5 isn't even fair... And I don't even want to comment on the third point cause... Just wow. Lol

The combat is way better than Arkham games. Arkham's is catered for babies, you can pretty much dodge infinitely.

Sleeping Dogs combat system sucked balls when you started out, it improved once you've gotten a few upgrades, but calling it way better than Arkham's free flow combat? No. The combat system was fine once you've gotten certain upgrades, but before that point, it was plain terrible.

personally I thought it was better than GTA V :] the combat system in GTA V sucks! the story is too damn short! unlike sleeping dogs which will keep you busy for longer! V felt rushed a little and i'm sure some people who post on this thread will agree with me :]

personally I thought it was better than GTA V :] the combat system in GTA V sucks! the story is too damn short! unlike sleeping dogs which will keep you busy for longer! V felt rushed a little and i'm sure some people who post on this thread will agree with me :]
Really? It took me a week to complete GTA V and about 2 days to complete SD.

I platinumed Sleeping Dogs in 10 days. It took me over two weeks to finish GTA V's story.

Anyways, I did like Sleeping Dogs. But I thought it had too many chase sequences. It seemed like every mission had you chasing somebody, either in a car or on foot. And it never told you if you had to catch the person, or just follow them until they got to their destination. I found that really annoying.

The fighting was not easy but once you get the hang of it, was quite fun. No this is not GTA but still enjoyed it. Sorry to hear you didn't Isaac.

Combat was actually very simple. Press and hold square a couple of times, circle to grab and throw them against things. And I don't see how people would struggle unless they didn't care about countering. Arkham City's was good in a sense that it was very fluid, which I think is what OP meant.

My issue with the game is its plot. I'm around 75% in it, and it's really just a mess at times. I feel no connection with the characters, because events happen too sudden as so much story gets left out of the game.

The problem is you're comparing everything to GTA, Play it for the game it is, Enjoy the story, Absorb it and you will enjoy it far more. Judge it as Sleeping Dogs and not a gta clone. I'm a huge fan of GTA but I also loved Sleeping Dogs.

I thought the combat was smooth, Felt like I was doing serious damage, Once you have the hang of the counters you can take down anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
Really? It took me a week to complete GTA V and about 2 days to complete SD.

Same here.

Sleeping Dogs was a great game for its own reasons and the combat was MUCH better than IV and is still better than V but the Arkham games have better combat than both games.

For the first entry in the series Sleeping Dogs was an excellent title with a lot to do and like people have stated before comparing it to the likes of GTA is like comparing NFL Street to Madden.

• 2 months later...
Same here.

Sleeping Dogs was a great game for its own reasons and the combat was MUCH better than IV and is still better than V but the Arkham games have better combat than both games.

For the first entry in the series Sleeping Dogs was an excellent title with a lot to do and like people have stated before comparing it to the likes of GTA is like comparing NFL Street to Madden.

Slleping Dogs isnt first entry, it is renamed True Crime: Hong Kong, or True Crime 3

• 7 months later...
coming from playing GTA V I bought this game and had a look see. and I'm going to go over a few things that I didnt like

1. the fighting mechanics sucks , I've seen better hand to hand melee combat in Batman Arkham City

2. the driving part of the game was a big letdown for me because when comparing to GTA's driving mechanics, Sleeping Dogs made it feel that the cars where glued to the streets or something like they are not that loose. Playing GTA all my life I see that Sleeping Dogs driving skills is no match for GTA

3. usually a game like this should have a fold in map in the box but it didn't

Well SD had something GTA didn't have (IMO):

An interesting story line that I wanted to finish.

I can't think of one GTA that I had finished...I just lost interest at around 60% gameplay. I mean it all looked fantastic and all, but I want a great storyline that SD provided me and GTA didn't. again IMO

I haven't played GTA V but I did play IV and I found SD to be really good. The story was engaging, the characters were good, the combat fluid and the city had a good size. I also helped that SD had a cohesive tone (unlike GTA IV).

I will probably never play GTA V after hating (almost) every second of IV, but to me this is a really good open-world game. I had fun with it.

• 2 weeks later...