Pure Gold Tips

Hitchcocker

We need a better Pure Gold Guide that can help us obtain the Platinum easier.

Achieve 30 Gold Stat Awards.

You can check your progress via the menu, under “Social Hub”, then scrolling to the tab “Stat Awards”.

Overall - 45(Silver), 75(Gold)

Fluid Striker - 25(Silver), 50(Gold) Freerunning attacks (includes vault attacks, disarms, and kills)

~ The only reliable method we found was to press and while in cover to kill or disarm the opponent when he is on the other side of your cover.

Headhunter - 25(Silver), 50(Gold) Headshots

~ Comes naturally over the course of the game.

Lucky Shooter - 5(Silver), 10(Gold) Blindfire kills

~ Press while in cover to blindfire.

Firestarter - 10(Silver), 20(Gold) Total kills resulting from explosions

~ Comes naturally over the course of the game. Replay "Civil Discord" or "The Funeral" and utilize the Assault Rifle w/ Grenade Launcher to blow up cars and enemies as necessary.

Sniper - 30%(Silver), 50%(Gold) How accurate the last 50 shots were

~ Use to manually aim and make sure your shots hit the opponent.

Gunman - 50(Silver), 100(Gold) Total firearms kill

Ninja - 5(Silver), 10(Gold) Stealth kills

~ Stealth kills are performed by approaching an unsuspecting enemy from behind and pressing ,. These can be done in Free Roam on any unsuspecting civilian, police, or enemy.

Bonebreaker - 40(Silver), 100(Gold) Limbs broken.

~ The quickest way is to use + + (Hold) to perform a leg break in melee combat. You will learn this move from Master Kwok in the Martial Art Club, after retrieving some Jade Statues.

Environmentalist - 25(Silver), 50(Gold) Environmental kills.

~ Comes naturally over the course of the game. Replay "Civil Discord" or "The Funeral" and utilize the Assault Rifle with Grenade Launcher to blow up cars and enemies if necessary.

Handyman - 25(Silver), 50(Gold) Melee weapon kills.

Disarming - 25(Silver), 50(Gold) Disarms.

~ Hold + to run up to an enemy and disarm him. When behind cover, push + to vault over and disarm the opponent.

Defence - 50(Silver), 100(Gold) Counters.

~ Tap to counter when an opponent flashes red while attacking you.

Fast Talker - 5(Silver), 10(Gold) Fast talk success.

~ During sneak missions, tap quickly when prompted, this should come naturally over the course of the story.

Deadeye - 5(Silver), 10(Gold) Throw weapon kills.

~ When equipped with a melee weapon such as knife, press and hold to aim, then tap to throw the weapon. You must kill the opponent with the throw. Easiest way to grind this is during Drug Busts where your opponents are carrying weapons, or get a tire iron from the trunk of a car. Throwing weapons at civilians also counts and is an instant-kill.

Martial Artist - 50(Silver), 100(Gold) Total melee kills.

Enforcer - 100(Silver), 200(Gold) Total enemies defeated.

Safe Driver - 0:15:00(Silver), 0:30:00(Gold) Total clean drive time in a car (above min speed).

~ Comes naturally with the "Safe Driver" trophy.

Reckless Driver - 0:15:00(Silver), 0:30:00(Gold) Total time driven at full speed in a Class A car.

~ Get a Class A car like the Velocita and drive around the city on the highway at full throttle for a cumulative time of 30 mins.

Hijacker - 10(Silver), 20(Gold) Action Hijacks performed.

~ Get into a vehicle then Action Hijack any vehicle in front of you, rinse and repeat.

Wrecker - 25(Silver), 50(Gold) Total cars wrecked.

~ Replay the mission "Civil Discord" up to the point where you obtain the grenade launcher. Destroy the cars on the street and restart the checkpoint as necessary.

Racer - 10(Silver), 20(Gold) Races won.

Moful - HK $500,000(Silver), HK $2,000,000(Gold) Total earnings.

Big Spender - HK $500,000(Silver), HK $2,000,000(Gold) Total money spent.

Gambler - HK $500,000(Silver), HK $1,000,000(Gold) Gambling earnings (Cockfight and Majhong, winnings - losses)

~ The only feasible method is to repeatedly bet on the Cockfight in west end of Kennedy Town which earns you $50,000 to $100,000 per victory. Manually save after every win and if you ever find yourself on a long losing streak just reload. You must have a total NET earning (winnings minus losses) of HK $1 million.

Completionist - 60.00%(Silver), 100.00%(Gold) Total completion percentage.

~Comes naturally over the course of the game.

Explorer - 120(Silver), 175(Gold) Total shrines and lockboxes found, statues returned, and security cameras hacked.

~ Find all collectibles. Refer to the Trophy Guide for the Health Shrines, Lockboxes and Security Cameras. For Jade Statues (which reward you with new melee combat moves), refer below

Jade Statues

Rat - Sensei already has this

Snake - North Point, Waterfront, You can see this glowing statue on a boat during Popstar Lead #3.

Dragon - North Point,Club Bam Bam, VIP Lounge upstairs. You can see it during the Story Mission “Club Bam Bam”.

Dog - Story mission “Listening In”, when you get the objective to Plant the Bug you can’t miss this on a nearby table.

Rooster - Central. Enter K-Bar and look for it near the Bartender.

Tiger - Central. This is located in a Wedding Gown shop, which has a lockbox and a shrine just outside of it. This is the shop where you bring Peggy to in Story Mission “Bride to Be” but you can't get it during the mission.

Boar - Central Hospital, go inside and head towards the reception.

Sheep - North Point, Temple. At the summit inside the temple.

Rabbit - Kennedy Town, inside of the building at the front of the cemetery

Monkey - Kennedy Town,Two Chin Tsao’s Mansion, you will automatically obtain this during the story mission “Bad Luck”

Horse - Vivienne’s apartment. You can only access this during the Story Mission “Conflicted Loyalties”.

Ox - Gambling den off the north coast of Central.

Survivor - 0:10:00(Silver), 0:20:00(Gold) Time survived at any heat level above 1.

Rogue Cop - 25(Silver), 50(Gold) Cops killed at any heat level above 1.

~ Get a gun and kill any cop. In a while you will find yourself swarmed with Cops so find some cover and take them down in safety.

Public Enemy - 100(Silver), 200(Gold) Most kills in one play session.

~ You must kill 200 enemies in a single session, without reloading.

From the Trophy Guide in this website. However, I notice it is not comprehensive in a sense it does not tell us how we can make use of loopholes or suitable checkpoints. Perhaps we can help each other come up with a better guide. I'll start.

Tip: For Lucky Shooter, head over to the Forth Case involving Illiyana. The third checkpoint involves you freeing the girls in the sewers. What you do when the three enemies come out is shoot two of them using blindfire and repeat five times to get the Gold.

Feel free to add.

Anyone has tips for Public Enemies and Fluid Striker?

Edited by Hitchcocker

Fluid Striker, park a low car next to some thugs, and slide over the car and jump/pounce/attack on them. You'll have the stat in no time.

Vault attacks don't really work as I soon found this out.

Public Enemy I have no idea. I seemed to get this without even trying. It just popped up when I was playing the story through.

Tip: For Lucky Shooter, head over to the Forth Case involving Illiyana. The third checkpoint involves you freeing the girls in the sewers. What you do when the three enemies come out is shoot two of them using blindfire and repeat five times to get the Gold.

Would it be fair to insert every mission henceforth from the point where the game introduces you to the Gunplay tutorial? "Meet the New Boss"? "Civil Discord"? "The Funeral"? It's just ten kills.

Fluid Striker, park a low car next to some thugs, and slide over the car and jump/pounce/attack on them. You'll have the stat in no time.

Vault attacks don't really work as I soon found this out.

Public Enemy I have no idea. I seemed to get this without even trying. It just popped up when I was playing the story through.

The slide-over-car-hood-kick is a type of vault attack.

What button do I press to pounce for Fluid Striker? Sorry!

Get into cover, then :up: + :cross:, this is mentioned in the guide.

Sorry I meant the vault shooting. I didn't get into cover, I just jumped over the cars next to thugs, and jumped onto them. I was pressing L2 as well I think.

If you can't work it out, I'll record a video, might be a bit hard though one handed xD

Edited by xSourApplex

Sorry I meant the vault shooting. I didn't get into cover, I just jumped over the cars next to thugs, and jumped onto them. I was pressing L2 as well I think.

If you can't work it out, I'll record a video, might be a bit hard though one handed xD

Yeah sprint then jump works.

See 7:30

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS5Xmnl22pc]How to 100% Sleeping Dogs (Pure Gold Achievement) - YouTube[/ame]

Would it be fair to insert every mission henceforth from the point where the game introduces you to the Gunplay tutorial? "Meet the New Boss"? "Civil Discord"? "The Funeral"? It's just ten kills.

The slide-over-car-hood-kick is a type of vault attack.

Get into cover, then :up: + :cross:, this is mentioned in the guide.

Fair enough if you think it's easy but perhaps some are like me and decided to play through the game without realising/bothering about these requirements for the trophies and would now like aid to find easy levels for obtaining the trophies.

Like the vault attack, I have been trying to wiki the level at 7:30 in the video and have not found it yet. :think:

Fluid Striker:

I thought "The Election" (the mission which Wei is being kept and tortured in) was very well for it. You do the QTEs, then get down to the room with the big tv set. Six (?) in total enemies will gather around the lengthy kitchen table and you can just glide over it into them again and again without any effort. Just make sure you keep always one alive to reload the checkpoint.

You can do several in one go at The Funeral.

Use blind fire at the beginning at the tombstones, very easy to defeat the gangsters. Keep one alive for the checkpoint. Then, go disarm the grenade launcher dude and load checkpoint without killing him until you have the 50 full. (Should already have about 30 before that mission, imho.) Afterwards, fight your way to the entrance where a lot of cars wait for the grenades so that you can Wrecker. Again, keep one enemy alive for the checkpoint. I'm not sure right know whether there are medals for explosove kills but you will be able to get a lot of those in this section, too.

By the way, sinking a car in the sea does NOT work as wrecking it, I tried. Now I only need to get Deaadeye done. The hint that civilians are insta-killed when you throw a weapon at them ist kind of funny, I have no I idea where to get melee weapons outside of the missions. Purses, umbrellas, suitcase ect. DON'T work.

Edit: D'Oh! Tire Irons!

Edit²: Suitcases DO work if you're really close to the person.

Edited by SoPoF

The easiest place to get fluid striker was in the mission 'payback', just get to the part where you disarm the goon and get a gun for the first time. After that, there is a shootout in the factory, just keep vaulting over the cover to disarm the triads and once you've done it to them all, die or reload to the last checkpoint. I got the disarm and fluid striker medals this way really easily.

Also for the rogue cop one, I just went to the police station in Soho (Central) and started a ruckus there. There's a little alleyway inside the police parking lot that I retreated to and they couldn't hit me AT ALL. Nice and easy! Of course, it doesn't matter if you die anyway because the counter just carries on so you can keep trying until you fulfil the criteria.

Same goes for reckless driver, pick any class A car and just hit the highway, the timer is 30 minutes and it doesn't have to be consecutive, it all adds up again. I just thought this might help a few off you as I never knew this when I first started.

Disarming - 25(Silver), 50(Gold) Disarms.

~ Hold + to run up to an enemy and disarm him. When behind cover, push + to vault over and disarm the opponent.

I found that replaying the Funeral mission makes this one quick and easy. Just keep running at the enemy (X) then press (O) to disarm.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually I believe the Zodiac Tournament had two gold stats that count towards your "regular" gold count. I'm at work right now so I can't check for sure, but I do know I got the Pure Gold trophy and I still have one more gold stat award to get (100% completion). The Wheels of Fury DLC has two challenges, but no actual gold stat challenge. Redblade666 is right in that the other major DLCs (Nightmare in North Point and Year of the Snake) do not count towards your "regular" gold count.

I bought the Zodiac Tournament thinking the 12 collectibles Gold Medal would be easier than doing the cockfight betting. The other Gold Medal looks like as bad of a grind as a few of the other melee combat medals in the game, unless it's something that can easily be done multiple times in every fight in the DLC extension, earned in a normal playthrough of it.

I finally figured out a good way to grind Fluid Striker--at the Martial Arts club in Aberdeen (?) (the one under the freeway overpass). There's a crate in the corner of the arena that you can run behind and execute the Fluid Striker move several times during each round. It's a lot easier than loading story missions or driving around looking for thugs.

The two Stat Awards from the Zodiac Tournament are very easy. Once you finish the Zodiac Tournament DLC the Statues you need to collect appear on your mini-map. There is only one Statue that is not along your regular path during the Zodiac Tournament. So you should be able to get the Statuesque Gold Award easily. The other one called Smashing Success can be grinded quickly on the first fight in the Zodiac Tournament. You'll have three rounds with increasing enemies for each round. Just kill as many as you can using the environmental kill object in the middle. Right before the last guy in the third round dies restart from the checkpoint using the start menu and you'll begin at round 1 again with all your previous kills counting. Shouldn't take very long to get the Gold Award for that one either.