pre-guide Trophy discussion thread

bettisb

I have been looking all over for trophy tips and advice for this game but my search has proven fruitless. So maybe we can help each other out here until a guide is posted.

Personally, I think the game is very fun, but also very very hard on higher difficulties.

I beat mountain top 1 w/o losing health but didnt get the trophy. So Im assuming your blocks cant take any damage either. How the hell am I supposed to accomplish that? Also I dk how to unlock all hidden campaign levels. Dk what the best way to build a 10x10 weapon is, etc etc. Anyone have any tips, questions...concerns?

really? I couldve sworn I beat it without losing any health, so then I kept trying to beat it without the blocks taking damage. It must be that if he hits you at all, even if you have the shield up, it takes away a very small amt of health.

I did the 10X10 weapon trophy by setting up a 2 player match with 2 controllers. If you select only the black cannon blocks you can set up a weapon without it killing the other persons tower automatically. All you gotta watch for is the grubs that drop bombs.

Also did the 1v2 battle against 2 hard CPs. For that it just takes a bit of luck. Mustve taken me 50-75 battles to do it.

thanks I got it. All I have left now is to beat it on Expert and beat all hidden campaign levels, which I have no clue how to unlock.

Expert is a bitch though, I have only beaten a couple so far, the AI is so freakin cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Expert DOES do the name justice. I've only beatten two campaing levels on expert.

As for the hidden levels, my guess is you either hover over a certain part of the campaign map and try to access it as you would a normal level OR they're unlocked from beating campaing levels on expert. Will get back to you if I unlock ANY.

Expert DOES do the name justice. I've only beatten two campaing levels on expert.

As for the hidden levels, my guess is you either hover over a certain part of the campaign map and try to access it as you would a normal level OR they're unlocked from beating campaing levels on expert. Will get back to you if I unlock ANY.

uuuh yeah they are ridiculous. Like I said I have only beaten 2 as well, Downtown 1 and Mountain Top 1. Nobody seems to have this game so its hard to find any extra tips/strategies. I am gonna get back to it to try to beat some more. It almost seems that you have to get lucky in the beginning of the round where the AI opponent dies really quick, then you can build your tower. But it is as cheap as cheap can get.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you find the hidden campaign levels?:think:

the hidden campaign levels appear after you have completed other levels on certain difficulties, it would seem. After beating it on casual, Downtown Megablocks lvl became available, which is a "secret" level.

So then I can only assume you need to beat all regular campaign levels on expert to unlock every hidden level. Basically its near impossible. I have beaten 4 campaign lvls on expert so far and am trying for the rest but some are going to take long hours to beat.

I'll let you know when I myself find out for sure.

Thanks, cuz I've been getting a bit frustrated with the whole thing. I know i beat the 1 vs. 2 hard cps, but didn't get the trophy to pop and it took me several attempts to beat the mountain top with no damage, finally did it tho. I will keep an eye out here in case you guys figure more stuff out that I can't. I am so damn frustrated with all this nonsense about PSN being shut down, I'm about ready to throw the ps3 through a wall along with the controller. Of course, I won't cuz I can't live without it, but it sucks as hell. :mad:

yeah the 1v2 is really hard, I would just say try again but make sure both hard bots are on the same color team before you start.

I only have 4 lvls left to beat on expert now but they are the hardest ones, even so Im determined to do it to try to unlock all the hidden campaign levels.

Also maybe worth mention...for one round I decided to choose a different character that I had unlocked through regular campaign play and it seemed that they were much quicker, and maybe stronger, than the original characters the game lets you choose. I will test it again, but it was easier to beat certain lvls

edit: ok well here is the deal... I finally beat all lvls on expert difficulty..an no trophy popped. Instead it unlocked a secret level called Armageddon 2: The Final Showdown. So I beat that on casual difficulty and it unlocked the Slam Bolt Royalty trophy. I'm assuming now if I beat this lvl on expert I'll get the Fire Chief trophy. It is even worse than the other lvls though so we'll see how I do.

edit 2: Just beat the last secret lvl on Expert and now I have 100% for this game. Let me tell you though, it is no easy feat. Took me about 3 hrs of playing the last lvl to finally beat it. This game is def a solid 9/10 difficulty. When Im done for the semester I'll prob write a guide for the few ppl that own this game.

Edited by bettisb

• 2 weeks later...