Platinum Spyro's Adventure with Giants Starter Pack?

Ah, that makes sense. The Giants starter pack comes with 1 Giant and 2 non-Giant figures. The two non-Giants are Jet-Vac (series one?) and a Series 2 Cynder.

If Series 2 didn't work with Spyro's Adventure, though I think it might (just assuming), would a Series 1 Jet-Vac be enough to Platinum the game?

Edit: From the trophy guide, looks like I'd need a water skylander, which I don't currently have. Any others offhand?

Edited by ratsinthehallway

Yeah, you'd need the Gill Grunt figurine to platinum the first Skylanders, which you should be able to pick up second hand pretty cheap (as every man and his dog that owns the first game will probably have one!). Apart from that character, there are no others required for platting. And there's no S1 Jet-Vac either unfortunately!

You actually need at least 3 different skylanders (one of them has to be Gill Grunt) to plat. You have to complete 3 challenges and need 3 characters to unlock 3 challenges. Any series 2 will work for Spyro's Adventure, BUT lightcore ones will not. So your Cynder will work.

Also, getting the hats will require a variety of elements to get past enough gates.

• 2 months later...
You actually need at least 3 different skylanders (one of them has to be Gill Grunt) to plat. You have to complete 3 challenges and need 3 characters to unlock 3 challenges. Any series 2 will work for Spyro's Adventure, BUT lightcore ones will not. So your Cynder will work.

Also, getting the hats will require a variety of elements to get past enough gates.

My lightcore Eruptor (series 2 I believe) works just fine with Spyro's Adventure.

My advice would be to google the Series One checklist and see which skylanders work in the original game. For instance, I have Pop fizz, JetVac and Flashwing all from Giants, but none of them work with Spyros Adventure. I platinumed Spyro's Adventure with a series 2 Terrafin, series 2 gill grunt, series 2 Double Trouble and a series two Drill Sergeant! Granted, you won't be able to 100% the game without one of each element, you'll be able to platinum the game with the three in the starter set (all of which you can get on ebay for about 3-5 each used.)

• 2 years later...