Can't stop me now not working.

Try deleting your install from the Game Data folder and reinstalling the game though if you haven't got any install data, deleting your save and starting over may be your only option :(.

Ok I did that. There was no install, so I deleted my save games, started a new one, and did Sonic Boom, Gill Grunt and Eruptor's challenge levels all on Sonic Boom and the trophy still hasn't popped. Also worth noting is that I had not completed any challenge modes on Sonic Boom previous to this restart.

I feel like there must be something more to this.

Figured out what the issue was. It had to do with ownership of the skylanders. If the skylander you're doing the trophy with is not included on your skylander page, in the pause menu, then it doesn't count how many you've done.

And, as I'm playing two games, some of my toons are included in one, some in the other.

This issue also occurs with the "gotta buyem all" trophy.

I'm having a problem getting the trophy for buying all upgrades....I have for at least 10 of my figures and still no trophy. Ownership is not the issue as they are all mine (even double checked JIC, and they are all listed on the Skylander page.

Only thing I can try is maybe re-setting one of the characters?.

And you bought the soul gem moves?

Nope, it's all on the same save file. I only have one game going. I'll probably try the reset method. I'm far enough in the game that it won't take long to get enough gems to upgrade.

That's weird. I mean, it obviously could just be a bug, but I had the same thing happen to me with Gill Grunt because I have a game with my fiancee and one I play on my own. Gill Grunt is saved to the shared save file, and I finished upgrading him on my playthrough. When I finished upgrading Terrafin, only played on the one save, it worked perfectly.

Sorry I couldn't help any more than that.