Spyro is no more....

The title maybe misleading, but what we always remember Spyro being is no more...., As the E3 2011 announcement trailer shows Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ZB-lXBTwI&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - ‪Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure E3 2011 Spyro Trailer [HD]‬‏[/ame]

I honestly think that the Spyro series should have been ended after the legend of spyro games, but Toys For Bob is trying to make money off a long dead series

Your thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I haven't and I don't ever intend to as it's going to be grade-A awful!

You have yet to play it, but you "know" it's going to be awful. Do you have any decent basis to say this? Spyro's redesign isn't a "decent basis", just so you know, since you don't technically have to play as him.

I love Spyro to death, but seeing him turn into some nasty gremlin with wrinkly skin is an absolute disappointment. I'm definitely passing on this game. :| I mean, don't get me wrong. It looks "okay." But they are making this game simply for the name of the character.

Edited by Da_Dope_Boy

You have yet to play it, but you "know" it's going to be awful. Do you have any decent basis to say this? Spyro's redesign isn't a "decent basis", just so you know, since you don't technically have to play as him.

As well as the PS1 Spyro's, I've played virtually every Spyro game on the PS2, GameCube, Xbox and Xbox 360 and they've ALL sucked so I'd say I'm more than qualified to determine a good Spyro game from a crap one.

I love Spyro to death, but seeing him turn into some nasty gremlin with wrinkly skin is an absolute disappointment. I'm definitely passing on this game. :| I mean, don't get me wrong. It looks "okay." But they are making this game simply for the name of the character.

This^

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

More reason for an HD Collection of this game! :whistle: Or just bring us Ratchet and Clank, that's fine too.

I'm kidding! Not really...

My wife will never play my ps3 for anygame ever. But if they released a Spyro HD Collection, WOW. I would never get her to stop. We used to take turns playing them back in the day and we love all the older games on the PS1 and PS2.

Edited by Roughdawg4

This makes me sad, how Insomniac and Naughty Dog sold their brands. It also makes me sad how both companies have moved further and further away from the platform genre and closer and closer the shooter genre. (Insomniac; Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Naughty Dog; Jak and Daxter, Uncharted)

I loved playing Spyro and Crash Bandicoot on PS1.

Both series just got better and better, and Spyro, as I know it, ended with Spyro 3, while Crash Bandicoot ended with the best kart game ever, Crash Team Racing.

I have personally liked one of the Spyro games on GBA, but that just because it reminded me about a couple of the Zelda games on GBC. Liking Spyro because it reminds me about Zelda is pretty far fetched.

Crash Bandicoot had some okay/good titles. I liked the first CB game on ps2, even though it had a bit stiff and unnatural controls and WAAAAAAY too long loading times. There was also another okay CB game for PS2, but it was kinda weird, it was when Cortex and CB worked together. Also the two first GBA games was quite okay/good. Any other game in that series since has just been trash, and I've had the unfortunate of purchasing one of those titles in limited edition. :( :( :(

My last words is that any game after Spyro 3 isn't a Spyro game.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 months later...
it's insane how much they are going for on ebay.The game is pretty fun though none the less.

If I knew they Target Exclusive was so expensive ($50) I would had picked up the 10 they had at the Target that just opened up couple months ago. Can't even find any expansion packs except for the Megapack at Best Buy.