Character Recommendations for Nightmare Difficulty

DX01

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, Swarm is by far a godsend to have. Other handy ones that did it for me too were Cinder and her ghost-like attack, Drobot, and Jet-Vac. But really it's a matter of watching out for the elemental boosts and those damn Juggernauts in the second last level. Oh yes, another one that sure saved my ass was Ignitor. He's got crazy attack power and would help a lot in a few odd fights, but he's not great with a group of enemies all swarming near unless you use his square attack and burn 'em all.

Edited by DemonicPrime

• 2 months later...

I borrowed a bunch of giants from my cousin to finish this game finally. One of them is swarm but he does not seem to great. he is only level 8 however. The aiming in this game is trash and half the time while im flying around trying to shoot dudes my toon wont turn around and he just shoots walls... Is it better to specialize in the fly around or swarm ability?

• 1 month later...

I wrote this to help out some people I know, hopefully it helps here too.

Giants on easy is cake. On hardcore it's a beast. You are going to want mobility and range. Move slowly and try to draw a couple enemies at a time instead of drawing a lot of aggro. Most levels you may need 4-5 in case one gets killed cheaply.

Swarm is cheap and has great range and mobility. He's not too strong but in hardcore you want to dodge as much as possible.

Other ones I liked using a lot -

Bouncer - rapid fire range, can sometimes hit over ledges and walls

Hothead - massive damage and aoe skills

Pop Fizz - mid range but has minions (distract aggro) and aoe acid skills (destroys a couple bosses), can also sometimes hit over ledges and walls.

Gill Grunt - mobility and powerful sustained range

Trigger Happy - rapid fire range

Drobot - Massive ranged spam, good mobility. Not very powerful though.

Spyro - high damage ranged attack

Some other great items are the magic items. These also can be expensive as some are rare. The best ones are in the Darklight Crypt set:

Time Twister - pauses time so you can just sit and wail on bosses

Healing Elixir - Best way to heal in an emergency

Empire of Ice has a Shield magic item that halves all damage

The dragonfly and swords items do damage and can be useful but you have to be somewhat near enemies or they won't attack.

The Giants items are ok. The cannon shoots a line of damage and distracts enemies. The catapult shoots a land mine and does massive damage if it attacks the right targets.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my team that I'm going to attempt nightmare with as soon as I beat the game the first time.

Air : jet vac ,polar whirlwind & swarm

Life : tree Rex

Undead : cynder

Magic : spyro

Tech : trigger happy,& drobot

Water : thump back

Fire : eruptor

Earth: prism break & crusher

Any thoughts on this team? Anyone I should look for? I'm new to sky landers and any advice would be appreciated

Edited by Brianthelion83

• 1 year later...

Have like 20 to pick from, got most of them around a dollar each when kongrate does their $5 off for simply downloading a free phone game for gamestop.

That said, I used swarm and popfizz the most. Really recommend them. Swarm has that lock so he shoots one direction while moving and fast flight and can own at distance. Popfizz seemed so weak at first but wow can he control the area well. Once leveled up he can do 3 turrets and acid pools and bomb enemies.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I am a little late on this topic, but will add my two cents anyway.

The characters I used to plat. were: Pop Fizz, Hot Head, Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom, and Drobot. Each character was max level and each was used for certain roles. It really wasn't that had to beat Nightmare. I would say to use the characters that you REALLY know the the best. The only part I truly had a difficult time was when you first enter the castle and there is that massive room that there is a bunch of stuff that spawns that you have to kill. Good Luck and let us know how you are progressing.

• 1 year later...

Tree Rex, Jet Vec and Cynder. What about these skylanders. Can i beat nightmare with tha starter pack?

EDIT: I think no. It's not enough 3 skylanders. At least for me. Maybe who has super skills in this game can do.

I have to use Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy and Spyro from Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Ninja Stealth Elf and Twin Blade Chop Chop from Skylanders: Swap-Force. On nightmare the later levels was real painin some points.

Edited by NECROSMOKE_