Can I re-use my Portal of Power from the first game?

belldandy47

I have not personally tried using the first portal with the second game, but the 2 portals are supposed to be compatible with both games. That's why they also sell the "portal owner's pack" or "booster pack" of the second game - basically just the Giants game and a giant figure, for those players who already have the first game, some figures and the first portal.

Having said that, there is a major difference between the first and second portals: first one is wireless, second one is wired. The first one has bad battery life and some players experienced connection and range problems. I think the second portal is much better, just for being wired. I did test using the second portal with the first game, it works perfectly.

• 2 months later...
I just bought this game from Wal-mart on sale for the Black Friday sale price. I was wondering if I could just use my Portal of Power from Spyro's Adventure in this game. Don't want to save two portals if I don't have to.

OMG seems ppl don't read what your asking, because they seem to talk about something else.

Yes, you can use the portal from the old game on Giants and vice versa. Have a good play :dance:

Yes, you certainly can use the portal from the first game with the second one. Though, don't expect it to last long. I swear to god I broke out using the wireless portal to see what it was like, I put in three brand new batteries and I could honestly count how many times I used it on one hand before it started giving up on me, and I played with it for less than an hour at a time. All in all, if you can, go for the wired portal of power, but yes, the wireless also works with Giants.