Shocking News - Konami requests Skullgirls takedown from XBLA, PSN

vava

Konami requests Skullgirls takedown from XBLA, PSN | Joystiq

During the broadcast, Zaimont explained that Konami submitted the request to Sony without telling Autumn Games, leaving Sony to deliver the bad news. Zaimont explained that if the team finishes the new, self-published build of Skullgirls before Sony's QA team goes home for the winter break, Squigly and the improvements from the PC update's beta will be available "pretty immediately soon." If the deadline is not made, then Skullgirls will be removed from every regional PSN store other than Japan's, since that version was not published by Konami. Zaimont's requests to push back Konami's delisting date for the PSN until December 31 have been unsuccessful.

Zaimont also explained that the new Xbox Live version of Skullgirls will be published by Marvelous AQL. However, since ownership of the property won't transfer from Konami to Marvelous until December 31, the same day as Konami's delisting deadline, Zaimont doesn't "know if Marvelous can submit a build before that or not, but I'm making one on the off chance that they'll be able to."

If the new submissions to PSN and XBLA don't make it through each store's respective certification process before the winter break, Skullgirls may disappear from digial storefronts until the QA teams return and clear the builds. Zaimont also noted that it was unclear whether those who have purchased the Konami-published version of Skullgirls will be able to play online after that version is delisted.

I hope they can clear this out, such a great game canot being removed from PS Store.

Eh.. glanced through trophy list. There's isn't any online required trophies? I see versus stuff but I assume this can be all offline? Bought this game awhile back when it was on sale. Never had a chance to play it yet

***well, guess there isn't even a boosting thread on this board, so that answers that question. Kk

Edited by SirScotalot

This post from Ravidrath has an interesting tidbit for this site's users.

If I'm interpreting it right, the "new" game will basically be stackable with the old version. Unless that's not what "Set up the leaderboards and trophies again, since this will effectively be a "new game" as far as PSN is concerned" means.

If not, I just hope it works out and we can finally get the new characters on consoles.

Putting this in case someone panic buy:

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/konami-console-updates-you-will-want-to-read.1156/

If you want to buy a copy of the game to help support Lab Zero, buy the Steam version. The PS3 and 360 versions won't result in any extra money for Lab Zero at this point, and Konami gets a cut from those.

None of the trophies in Skullgirls require you to play online. Sparring Mode benefits your trophy progress anyways. I was thinking of doing a trophy Speed Run of this game, while planning the route (i.e. decapitate Ms. Fortune at all times, wait for all of Peacock's items to drop, memorize Double's combo where morphs into the 7 other characters).