Rate the trophy difficulty.  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.30

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave this game a difficulty of 5.

The reasons for this is because it is a pretty easy game as I managed to get the Platinum in well under 10 hours. However, I did find it a bit challenging in many of the races. There is very little room for error in this game during a few of the races and it could take many retries to get it right.

If you are good at games like ATV Offroad Fury or MTV vs ATV then you will find this game more like a 3 out of 10 which is really how it was for me. However, if your not familiar with those games or racing games in general this game could feel like a 7 out of 10 or higher for you.

To conclude I took the average of how I felt the game really was and what people not familar to this sort of racing game might experience.

• 3 weeks later...

2/10 --- under 6 hours to platinum. 26 total events to beat, a few of which might take a few tries. 2-3 tricky trophies, but nothing too difficult in the end, with the use of the google. Very fun "fringe" title, certainly worth its 30$ price tag.

fwiw: these trophy difficulty threads can be a bit misleading and subjective. It really all depends what kinda gamer you are. If you're good at racing games you're gonna pwn this game easily. If your skills lie in the FPS/RPG type of game, then this is gonna be a bit more difficult for you.

I gave this a 6 because I am not a big racing type of person. I did beat it in a few days, no idea on how many hours. But I do know there was one track (the digger track) that was just a pain in my ass. There was very few tracks I got on the first shot, a few but not many. If you love racing games this shoudl be easy for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not really a racing gamer, either. Most of the trophies were ridiculously easy, but unlocking everything was pretty tough for me. Hell, I must've played the last race required at least 200 times before beating it (if you count restarting)!!! :o

Very good game though, and I ended up getting the Platinum in a few days off and on.

I gave this a 2, i got it this morning, had a quick 45 minute session, spent the day out and started playing about 8 o'clock... it's now 1am and i'm 3 off platinum. 2 are easy i just haven't got round to them and the other one is unlock everything.

Edited by Yokimoto

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm saying 4. Some of the races can be a little annoying but nothing overly challenging. Do not even bother attempting the double backflip and double frontflip trophies until you get the best sled by progressing through career. I wasted 40 minutes of my life attempting to get them with the 2nd best sled in the game and still failed.

• 1 month later...
2/10 --- under 6 hours to platinum. 26 total events to beat, a few of which might take a few tries. 2-3 tricky trophies, but nothing too difficult in the end, with the use of the google. Very fun "fringe" title, certainly worth its 30$ price tag.

fwiw: these trophy difficulty threads can be a bit misleading and subjective. It really all depends what kinda gamer you are. If you're good at racing games you're gonna pwn this game easily. If your skills lie in the FPS/RPG type of game, then this is gonna be a bit more difficult for you.

Gave it a 2 as well - I completely agree with the above quote.

The second part in particular.

Voted a 7.

This game is no walk in the park if you are not a big fan of Racing games. And these Platinum difficulty ratings topics are wierd. I could rate KZ2 as 2 or 3, but any racing games (even Burnout, well maybe not) will get a > 7 from me. I have had to smash my controller so many times already, and I am not even done. The AI in the game is very unforgiving, they won't make any mistakes. So, in the later longer tracks, be ready to not make any mistake at all. I was also wanting to ask the devs what rides the AI were riding. They seem to have a very good pickup. When a crashed AI spawns right beside you, they will sometimes fly right past you.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4/10. I need to get the 20,000 Stunt trophy still, so I imagine that will take a little while to actually get. However, I'm finding some of the races to be extremely frustrating. For the most part, the game is balanced surprisingly well, but there are a handful of races that could have used a bit of work.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I first started playing this game I swore it was going to be a 1/10 and that everyone who voted higher than this were just incompetent. To my complete surprise though I actually found a few of the trophies to be a bit challenging once I started to go for them myself. I blame most of this on a very incomplete guide and confusion on what to do on my own part.

Still it was still pretty easy and it took only 2 days for me to obtain platinum so I stuck with a 4/10 rating.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to rate it a 4. Some of the last races I was getting my butt kicked and then I changed sleds to a lower ranked one and beat it within two tries. I really do think that this game is based on what equipment you are using. So if you are having trouble with the game just change sleds and that will usually help. It definitely helped me! Oh and like everyone else has said. You need someone to help you online because I waited in the lobby for over an hour once and not a single person came online.

• 1 month later...