If No Skate 4, Why Not...

JaD

something like Skate: NYC?

I read a post somewhere that it was announced that 3 would be the end of this franchise and that didn't make me too happy. But with the village trophy thing settled now, maybe we can talk about the future instead of frustration heh.

Would something like that work, you think? I think recreating a major city like NYC or San Francisco would be a pretty great project. I know I'd wanna skate the Hubba ledge in SF like in Tony Hawk 4 but in the Skate world though of course :cool:

Any other ideas on how this franchise could continue, or DLC at the time being?

Edited by JaD

agreed with everything said. these are clearly the best skating games released and id love to see more, ifthey dont want to do 4, 5, etc... then city specific or maybe a world wide best spots/parks would be sick. if they add more possibilities to park create it would be endless. regardless if they do another, make it bigger and harder with more challenges

what else can they do skate 1 2 and 3 are all exactly the same with minor tweaks they cant just keep making the same game over and over plus each game has goten progressively worse with less and less areas to skate and the online experience is just terrible i dont see it getting any better i for one had bought all 3 games in this series and i will never spend my money on anothere skate game the fact that the online is too glitchy to play and that there is no online creat a spot ruins this gae for me plus the areas to skate suck i mean u can run through the whole world in less than 10 min its a joke with games like red dead redemption with miles of miles of open area to do what ever u want the fact that this game has such a small world in total is pathetic this game gets 1 star from me and i will never waist my time with another skate game ill buy shawn white skateboarding before i buy another skate and or the new tony hawk f skate and f ea

I hope they do something. Something big. A bigger story with challenges..... Not simple tasks.. challenges. I got 1 million board sales in a couple hours. I want a game that I have a reason to keep playing. More spots to find because there is not much to find in skate 3.

Not Ranting, Hoping.

I think they need to place more emphasis on the Play, create, share ethos. When it's done correctly it adds unlimited re-playability potential. I really hope there is another game, the Skate 3 campaign was kind of weak, it didn't flow logically, in the other two games you felt like you were progressing and climbing up in the world of skating, whereas in Skate 3 you just kinda went into your map and chose literally any challenge from the off. They should patch Skate1 with trophies in the mean time :p

Exactly where did EA say they wouldnt make another Skate game? I think its just some random guy on this forum who said that. I asked him to provide a source for that statement, but he never replied.

I'm pretty sure EA themselves said they were done with the "Skate" Franchise. Im not gonna go looking for the link but I know they said it.

Remember the 1 challenge in THUG1 where you went on top of the building in Aussie and did a melon over the helicopter. Yea that was awesome. Skate needs to do something like that. I understand that they are wanted it to be real, but real is only fun for a short time. Bring us some cinematic shizz

Even though EA is done with "Skate" it doesnt mean theyre done with Skate. All they have to do is add something other than a number to the end of the title and its not just "Skate"

what else can they do skate 1 2 and 3 are all exactly the same with minor tweaks they cant just keep making the same game over and over plus each game has goten progressively worse with less and less areas to skate and the online experience is just terrible i dont see it getting any better i for one had bought all 3 games in this series and i will never spend my money on anothere skate game the fact that the online is too glitchy to play and that there is no online creat a spot ruins this gae for me plus the areas to skate suck i mean u can run through the whole world in less than 10 min its a joke with games like red dead redemption with miles of miles of open area to do what ever u want the fact that this game has such a small world in total is pathetic this game gets 1 star from me and i will never waist my time with another skate game ill buy shawn white skateboarding before i buy another skate and or the new tony hawk f skate and f ea

Holy run on sentence Batman!

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd purchase this game every year if they just gave me a new city and some new challenges. This is a very rare game for me in that it takes me many hours to get bored with it. I've played all three and put many hours into each. I do eventually get bored with the areas but if you give me something new, I can get another 30 to 40 hours out of it easily.

If they do another one I'd like to see a much bigger area. With the power of consoles today there is no reason that these areas should be so small. I also like the idea of doing more cinematic stuff. Jumping over helicopters, hippy jumping a car, hall of meat into an alligator pit or more parks like the Super-Mega-Ultra park. Skate is more realistic than it's competitors, but it's still a game, so go a little crazy with it.

Edited by BobbyLight

Lemme add my 2 cents to the thread.

1.) With a sentence like that, you need to a.) take the time to add periods, commas, and capital letters and b.) go back to school. I'm sorry, but who the hell would understand this?

2.) EA need to give this game a longer development time cause Skate 3 came out a year after the second one while the second one came out two years after the very first Skate.

I agree a lot with what everyone is saying.

They really should make another one. I would definitely by it first day.

But they do need to make more challenges. Or at least more own the spots.

I liked the 2nd Skate more in the way it was constructed but I did like the 3rd Skate in the way they incorporate freeskate into the story which is cool.

If they do make a 4th Skate BlackBox needs to push the envelope a little bit more. And supe it up a little. The first skate was so revolutionary that it changed everything I loved about skating games. That's what I want again. That WOW!!! factor when I pick up the game for the first time.

I began to read this post but quickly became confused and frustrated. How about some punctuation? Maybe a capital letter? Also, try using the 'enter' key. :facepalm:

2.) EA need to give this game a longer development time cause Skate 3 came out a year after the second one while the second one came out two years after the very first Skate.

EA needs to do that with just about EVERY one of their games. They go for annual releases with minor updates. As a gamer, I'd rather them take the time to develop the game and make the best product. I don't play madden, but its a good example (same with Tiger Woods). They could easily release the new rosters and stats each year for older games as a patch and really try and make improvements to the gameplay. Madden 11 is the first one that actually seems like its going to be different since it's adding co-op online play.

I'm pretty sure in one of the original Skate interviews, they said something about revamping the skate genre and NOT releasing a new game every year just for the sake of releasing a game like the tony hawk series. I agree, that even though it was way over the top, THUG and THUG2 were 2 of my favorite games from the ps2 days mostly do to them making it fun and exciting. While Skate 3 is fun, it just seems like I'm doing the same thing over and over in different locations that just aren't that fun to skate.

I'd buy more Skate's, but I think it's time to rewamp the engines. The graphics could be not only better, but more dynamic. Skate feels like skating in a prop world. It needs more variety like weather systems (rain), day and night cycle and maybe even shifting seasons to keep it fresh. The physics engine also needs loads of work, it's literally been the same all along.

I'd also like them to move away from the ridiculously stupid YOYOYOBLAOW!! style, it's childish and not funny at all. Skate should be a little less stereotyped. I'd also like some small things to tie you more into the world, like owning actual houses, and other skaters living in their own. Maybe other things like implementing shops instead of just a menu. It would make you feel like you're part of the world, rather than just being dropped into a giant space with obstacles.

I guess I'd buy another Skate if they made one, but only if EA let the devs have more time to make the game. I mean, Skate 3 only came out a year after Skate 2, so no wonder it wasn't what everyone was expecting. They were probably having to rush the development. They should have more time to make the game , that way they can put more quality and detail into it.

Remember the 1 challenge in THUG1 where you went on top of the building in Aussie and did a melon over the helicopter. Yea that was awesome.

*Cough* Hawaii.;)

But I agree, Skate needs challenges with some hardcore gaps.

I will still buy a new Skate game every year tho. I mean, the gameplay is still awesome, and a new city every game is good enough for me.

• 2 months later...