XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > Singularity

Old 07-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCobra98 View Post
Thanks for the guide! I'm using it now to move through the game. I'm a little confused on the formula vs. blueprint stuff though. Are they the same thing? What is a hero upgrade as opposed to a tmd upgrade?
Blueprints are for TMD Equipment/Perks, Bio-Formulas are for Hero Perks.
When you're at the Augmentor station, you'll see three categories of upgrades at the top of the screen, so you can tell what goes where.

Quote:
Basically this may be a stupid question but did I mess up the chance to get the Hero trophy by buying 1 Heartiness upgrade and 1 TMD Sharpshooter upgrade?
No, towards the end of the game (especially in the last level) you will have a ton of E99 tech, especially if you use the Scientist TMD Equipment. The main difficulty in that trophy is making sure you find all the Bio-Formulas. On my first playthrough I only found 9 out of 10 and I had 10k E99 go to waste because I had nothing to buy. Luckily on Easy difficulty, I got to the Pearl in only a few hours to finish off my single player trophies.

Quote:
Are ALL the Hero upgrades under the Hero tab in the Augmentor? I would assume yes but I'm just a little confused at this point. I'm thinking I may have messed up and have to go back a USB save I made from the night before and waste 3 hours I put in yesterday.
Yes. The menu on the far right "Hero Perks" are the ones you'll need 10 of, and the Weapon Upgrade selection doesn't count.

Last edited by Lord Maim; 07-03-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Lord Maim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

@LordMaim

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I "think" I've got it now!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission

Quote:
@LordMaim

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I "think" I've got it now!
I didn't have any trouble finding the TMD Blueprints on either playthrough, so I may still go back to document where I found them all if people have trouble with that trophy as well.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

*********************IMPORTANT UPDATE*************************
Learn from my FAIL. Your multiplayer stats are saved in your save game file, not on the server and not in a seperate file.

IF YOU OVERWRITE A SAVE FILE WITH A BACKUP, YOUR MULTIPLAYER PROGRESS WILL REVERT TO THE STATE IT WAS IN THE BACKUP FILE.

I was halfway to both my Extermination Master and Extermination Addict trophies last night, and now have to start again at level 1 because I reloaded a previous save to answer a question for the guide without backing up my original. Luckily I don't have to grind through all the creature kill trophies again, but still that's 50 games of Extermination progress lost. And I was almost done with the beacons too.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Dude, i feel for you!!
That is a tip of the day, as i was going to start the mp last night but decided to weedle out the sp first, mucho glad i did now!!
mnbvdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Default .

thnx for the bio formula's
only need to do the 100x exterm and the 25 CvS now =D
xtckil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Maim View Post
*********************IMPORTANT UPDATE*************************
Learn from my FAIL. Your multiplayer stats are saved in your save game file, not on the server and not in a seperate file.

IF YOU OVERWRITE A SAVE FILE WITH A BACKUP, YOUR MULTIPLAYER PROGRESS WILL REVERT TO THE STATE IT WAS IN THE BACKUP FILE.

I was halfway to both my Extermination Master and Extermination Addict trophies last night, and now have to start again at level 1 because I reloaded a previous save to answer a question for the guide without backing up my original. Luckily I don't have to grind through all the creature kill trophies again, but still that's 50 games of Extermination progress lost. And I was almost done with the beacons too.

I don't like the sound of this. This means people are going to be able to hack the save file and get the trophies from someone else's save data.
M1dn1ght_r41d3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1dn1ght_r41d3r View Post
I don't like the sound of this. This means people are going to be able to hack the save file and get the trophies from someone else's save data.
I'd hack my save file just to get back 8 hours of work from yesterday. :P

Old 07-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
It's too bad as well, the MP is excellent, even if it has only two modes. I love the creatures vs Russians and being able to use whatever model you want, and customize it to your specifications.

I would hope they will add a few extra modes down the road but for now it's a fun experience and all of the trophies are not difficult to obtain, especially since you need 100 matches.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Downloading saved data to your system wont give you a trophy. However, it may work if the file you get is 1 'count' away from every online trophy and then you have to do each one just once. It's just a guess though, i really cant be certain