Rate the trophy difficulty...  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.34

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having run through the game once already, I'd say that this is mostly a time-consuming trophy list rather than a difficult one.

I'm finding Hard relatively simple to go through, and other than a couple of exploration trophies, I don't think this will cause too many headaches for people.

Fantastic game to play, with the right influences of Bioshock & Portal :D

Not a bad storyline either.

Having run through the game once already, I'd say that this is mostly a time-consuming trophy list rather than a difficult one.

Was just online browsing posts but just had to comment cause some dipshit thinks playing a game 1 playthru, gettting all trophies for sp and doing it in less than 12 hours is time-consuming... don't make me laugh!

and online trophies take about 24-30MAX hours legit game time.

No need for boosting, they are all easy to get and none require any skill whatsoever!

If anyone has played MAG, the medals for it are even more difficult than the trophies you get on this game. And alls you get on MAG for all the medals is a gold trophy. Based on most of the good games i've played, the trophys here look pretty easy.

im 29, ive been playing video games since i was 8 or 9, i spend 40+ hours a week gaming. I go on these forums and always read how EASY some of you make these games out to be for a platinum.

This game on hard difficulty which is required for plat is NOT EASY! ive played about 4 to 5 hours of single player so far and have died a LOT. A lot of it is trial and error, walk in a room and try to kill certain enemies one way, doesnt work, try again, doesnt work, switch it up and try it a different way and it works.

There are some areas of the game that it sends out 4-8 enemies back to back running at you and if you miss one or run out of ammo or run out of special powers they can kill you in 2 or 3 very quick swipes. You cant use a med kit if they have you pinned in a corner either because they can hit faster than you can heal yourself. The first few hours you can only carry 5 medkits, and they only heal about 30 percent or so of your health, and most enemies hit a lot harder than 30 percent of your health on hard. And a barrel explosion or sniper shot on you will put u down to 1 bar of health.

With all that said, the game isnt impossible and i havent gotten frustrated with it, its all been "fun" deaths just trying to figure out what the game wants me to do. Anyone with enough patience regardless of skill can finish this game on hard, just dont go into it thinking your gonna breeze through.

And to the person that said it takes no skill to get plat.. the online trophies are either going to take some skill or a whole lot of unskilled time.

Edited by zer0tobackdown

5 - I finished the story on Hard in about 6-8 Hours. I havent got onto online yet because not alot of ppl are playing online.

I still need some trophies in single player but from the looks of it a 5 is a good fit for it.

EDIT: So im 2 trophies away from the plat which the two trophies are online. I would have to say this game to plat will only take about 40-50 hours maybe even less. About 8-10 hours for story and another 20-40 hours for online.

Edited by Jin_man

im 29, ive been playing video games since i was 8 or 9, i spend 40+ hours a week gaming. I go on these forums and always read how EASY some of you make these games out to be for a platinum.

Truely said, bro:applause:.... I always have to read somebodys ego entries which sounds like "you lame suckers, I have the Plat in it was soooo easy" and I can really imagine, how they cried for hours to get those. So if you are grown up adults like us: Stop fancing around and start rating the plats in an objective matter ...

Truely said, bro:applause:.... I always have to read somebodys ego entries which sounds like "you lame suckers, I have the Plat in it was soooo easy" and I can really imagine, how they cried for hours to get those. So if you are grown up adults like us: Stop fancing around and start rating the plats in an objective matter ...

i totally agree seems like no 1 on here likes to admit some games are hard

i totally agree seems like no 1 on here likes to admit some games are hard

Well it's all relative really. If you are a person who doesn't play the easy games like flippin um, Hannah Montana and Monsters versus Aliens or whatever, then this game is easy. I typhically play games that i think are going to take awhile because i dont wanna spend alot of money on a game i wont play for long. I have played some easy games, but they're usually not very fun. Therefore, this game to me seems easy (compared to like CoD5, Red Faction, Killzone, MAG) which is what i HAVE TO base my opinion on

I don't think the Killer trophy is "quite easy" like people are rating this plat.

however now i finally got the trophy the plat is going to be overall quite easy

Edited by Wrappa
lol i got the killer trophy at last

I rate this game 6/10. I'm 10 games of extermination away from Platinum. The game is not that hard even on Hard difficulty you just have to try different tactics depending on the enemies. SP should not take more then 15 hours if you don't use a guide. MP will take 20- 35 hours. There are not many people playing it online sometimes and itis hard to find/join the game. I had some connection issues when playing online so be aware of that.

I'm 31 and been gaming just as long. And less hours wise a week then you. This game is easy. I gave it a 4 because yes, some people will have difficulty with hard and some people will have difficulty getting the Killer Trophy if they are not good online.

But the reality is the rest of the trophies are easy. Even the online ones. And you also have to accept the fact that there are going to be gamers who are better than you at certain games just like you probably are better at some. So the ease of a game is per individual. Not as a whole. You will see where it sits as the difficulty rating goes up.

This would be normally be a 2-3 but the 100 extermination matches and 25 CvS wins makes it longer and quite a grind in the end. Single player and all the weapon and power challenges were easy so I'd vote a 4.

If its normally a 2-3 without the grind, it should still be 2-3 with the grind. Grinding does not a hard game make.

Edited by TheRealClayman

I'm 31 and been gaming just as long. And less hours wise a week then you. This game is easy. I gave it a 4 because yes, some people will have difficulty with hard and some people will have difficulty getting the Killer Trophy if they are not good online.

But the reality is the rest of the trophies are easy. Even the online ones. And you also have to accept the fact that there are going to be gamers who are better than you at certain games just like you probably are better at some. So the ease of a game is per individual. Not as a whole. You will see where it sits as the difficulty rating goes up.

If its normally a 2-3 without the grind, it should still be 2-3 with the grind. Grinding does not a hard game make.

lol ok man. well i went 29-14 online yesterday night on there, im not sure what my kill to death is but i know its above 1 to 1. ive played prolly 3 outta 4 shooters on ps3 online and offline, battlefield for a couple months socom for a year, etc etc. this game is not as easy as you make it out to be, but whatever.

I will say the game did get easier about halfway through, its the first few hours that are challenging.

Edited by zer0tobackdown

i give it a 2 hard mode was very easy, especially once you get better powers (may i also add that it was good fun too, such a good story line and wipes the floor with bio-boring-shock 2) online is a GRIND it will take no less then 20 hours, i still need another 20 ex plays and another 17 creature wins for plat. i can see killer be a slight problem for some but after 20 hours of gaming online im sure your pick the game up enough to get top at least once. my estimated plat time will be about 27hours online and about 10 offline.

overall ive enjoyed this game i hope they sell enough copies so they think of making a 2nd one.

any questions just PM me on here.

Edited by bleeds

Its not a 2 or 3 either, kids games are 2 or 3.

5 is average, this game is average. The single player campaign is easy but there are online trophies that would rank AVERAGE like "Killer". The online is clunky at best as well, I can see the multiplayer trophies getting more difficult to achieve the longer this game goes on. Therefore, I stand by my 5 rating.

Edited by XNebula