Singularity tips

rees263

I just got my platinum for the game and thought I'd share some of my experiences.

Single player on the whole is pretty simple, and mostly the guide has everything you need to know. I will mention the E99 Tech Geek trophy though. I didn't pay enough attention to the guide and missed the 4th bioformula. I was freaking out over having to play through again, but I found it later on in a different place that wasn't mentioned in the guide (it was hidden in the revert tunnels). I have read that other people have found extra bioformulas too, so don't fret this trophy too much, just explore thoroughly and you should be fine. I'll also just mention that in my game I didn't find the bioformula in the docks and instead found it in 1955 in the E99 processing complex as described in the guide.

Now onto the big bad multiplayer. I won't lie, it was pretty annoying at times trying to find matches, but there were people playing. I tried to friend everyone I met in the game to help me get games more often. By the time I had finished I had added about 50 friends, only a few of whom were from this site. Most people seemed happy to friend, we're all in the same boat I guess.

I played basically all of my multiplayer between 11pm and 3am UK time. There were people online outside these times but usually not enough to start a match. Weekends may have been a little busier but I mostly didn't get a chance to play then. I would go online during this time, open a chat room and invite everyone I could see online (in game or not) and usually there would enough people interested to get a game going, if there wasn't one going on already. There were definitely a few times where I waited for an extended time in a lobby for just 1 or 2 more players, so I just found something else to do while I waited.

Finally I'll give you some stats: My final time for multiplayer was 29 hours 10 minutes with a total of 146 games played (these stats can be found in the leaderboard). That gives an average of 12 minutes a game. This is less time than the trophy guide estimates and if you manage to boost your extermination games they will go even quicker (under 5 minutes each if you are very fast).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great tips! I totally agree with the bio formulas being in a different spot if you miss the first. I missed the one before the end of chapter 2 (where the Zeks are climbing the electric fence) and then got it later in the game instead. Multiplayer is a big time sink as it takes quite awhile to win 25 games of each and then play 100 games of extermination. It's getting more difficult to find players online except for weekends as well.