Mini Guide to Tick Lair

Helsings V

So when you're trying to beat this part on hard, it is extremely frustrating as thousands of ticks come swarming at you with their attacks that can deal a lot f damage. So what i did was:

1 stand behind the valve that you need to turn to open the door

2 shoot a deadlock at the door and immediately turn the valve

3 run like hell to the door and use your impulse to clear the ticks that are locked in the deadlock

4 turn around, shoot another deadlock behind you and run ahead while keep using impulse and medkits

Hope this helps, took me about 10 tries with this method

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hehe, when I first got to this part, all those ticks running around when you fall in made me think the swarming would commence immediately. But no, you have all the time in the world to age all the pustules and gather that sweet, sweet loot.

Also, Deadlock's collision is a bit dodgy. Half the time it would snag and activate the control panel when I aimed for the door.

• 1 month later...

Well, idk, i died a lot on nomal (yes, i played first on normal) and when i got there on hard i thought i would be killed over 9000 times. But i didn't.

I just run run run after turning the valve, pulsing the first set (i didn't use deadlock but its a great idea), and just run (i used a medkit in the middle), when you get near the ladder set a deadlock there and go up.

Edited by ModaFacka

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone here that posted. I got this on my third try. I Deadlocked near the door then ran and impulsed the first and second group (just around the corner when the tunnel curves left) then I Deadlocked the ladder and climbed up! Home free!

Just did this on hard last night. Deadlock is definitely the key but I stood inside the deadlock myself rather than trapping the enemies in it and used it to buy time to reload weapons/TMD energy and heal. Took about three tries once I started doing it that way.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
I recommending meleeing/pulsing all reachable sacs first. Then doing what the above poster said.

After dying about 40 times and then trying the meleeing/pulsing technique, I passed second go. (On the hardest mode)

Wish I would have read this first before dying a dozen times lol. Worked like a charm pulsing the sacks first before turning the valve. The key after that was timing deadlocks, but only took a couple more tries after this.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...