XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 07-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
MushroomWig

Default Multiplayer is just getting ridiculous now

1) Why does EVERYONE have to always be a spider?

2) Why is it that NOBODY ever helps their teammates? Too many times I've been attacked by those phase ticks and the other player (who was RIGHT there) just runs off.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Roughdawg4

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   2,500 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I hate when they all pick the spiders but I have gotten better with that. Using the shotgun and the autocannon tear them up fast.

But you are right about the phase ticks, that will piss me off beyond belief because you should never die. I mean it takes like 5-6 seconds to die to one and you only need one shot to kill them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattybell2117 View Post
He's starting to border that line though where it's hard to argue with him because he's so stupid. It's like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how well you play, the pigeon's still gonna knock over all the pieces, poop on the board and strut around like he won.
Roughdawg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Kingpinn187

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Everyone picks the spiders because they have such a long range attack.
As for people not shooting the ticks, that can be a gigantic pain in the butt. I found that as long as you are saving your teammates when they are getting "ticked" then the favour is usually returned.

Other times you are just playing with complete morons who have no concept on what to do.

Kingpinn187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
MushroomWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpinn187 View Post
Everyone picks the spiders because they have such a long range attack.
As for people not shooting the ticks, that can be a gigantic pain in the butt. I found that as long as you are saving your teammates when they are getting "ticked" then the favour is usually returned.

Other times you are just playing with complete morons who have no concept on what to do.
I feel like I'm ranting but I'm just really pissed off, I finished a game a few hours ago and everyone on the opposition were spiders and all were camping in the same spot.

I think it's obvious to everyone how overpowered the monsters are compared to the soldiers.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
MushroomWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughdawg4 View Post
But you are right about the phase ticks, that will piss me off beyond belief because you should never die. I mean it takes like 5-6 seconds to die to one and you only need one shot to kill them.
Also considering the fact that the soldier is shouting "get it off" for everyone to hear...yet most of the time teammates just don't care.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #6
Roughdawg4

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   2,500 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomWig View Post
Also considering the fact that the soldier is shouting "get it off" for everyone to hear...yet most of the time teammates just don't care.

Haha yeah I forgot about that. Your arms go flailing in the air and it feels like the longest 5 seconds ever.

Other than that, I must say I really enjoy the multiplayer. It sucks there are only 2 types of games,but they are done well. I am glad that I am almost done with the online and only have to play a few more extermination games to get it done

Quote:
He's starting to border that line though where it's hard to argue with him because he's so stupid. It's like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how well you play, the pigeon's still gonna knock over all the pieces, poop on the board and strut around like he won.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #7
dz06lt

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

this game should have never ever had multiplayer

9 PS4 Now Playing Destiny; 101 PS3 Now Playing None; 90 Xbox360 Now Playing None. 1 XB1

dz06lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
VanDeaM

I Finished the Multiplayer trophies a few days ago. Any of the monster classes can be a huge pain in the ass in the hands good player, but yea spiders are pretty popular among and few dozen who still play.

The thing that pissed me off the most was not a monster class but a person. Some dude named halodosentafraid or something like that. He is probably the most skilled person still playing. He always 3x more kills then everyone else, and if it was just him versus 5 people he would probably still win because he's so good at the game. pretty much if you went up against him it was an automatic loss.

The Multiplayer trophies are only annoying if you don't like to lose. you might need to put in 6-8 hours getting the required kill trophies but after that you can just afk host and get the wins/games you need.

Overall I had a blast playing Multiplayer, but most of the time I played there was no spider spamming and no halo, that was towards the end. I enjoyed it alot more then Bioshock 2. If it had a bigger online community and a little more balance (every monster class is better then any human class) I would totally play it Regularly.

Last edited by VanDeaM; 07-08-2011 at 09:55 AM.
VanDeaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
MushroomWig

Don't get me wrong, I generally love the multiplayer. Even without trophies I'd probably still be playing it, I just felt like ranting due to some annoying moments. xD All games have those moments though. :P

Congrats on finishing the multiplayer trophies, I have three left (playing 100 matches and winning 25). It's taking so long due to the fact that it takes me a while to find a match.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
Roughdawg4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDeaM View Post
I Finished the Multiplayer trophies a few days ago. Any of the monster classes can be a huge pain in the ass in the hands good player, but yea spiders are pretty popular among and few dozen who still play.

The thing that pissed me off the most was not a monster class but a person. Some dude named halodosentafraid or something like that. He is probably the most skilled person still playing. He always 3x more kills then everyone else, and if it was just him versus 5 people he would probably still win because he's so good at the game. pretty much if you went up against him it was an automatic loss.

The Multiplayer trophies are only annoying if you don't like to lose. you might need to put in 6-8 hours getting the required kill trophies but after that you can just afk host and get the wins/games you need.

Overall I had a blast playing Multiplayer, but most of the time I played there was no spider spamming and no halo, that was towards the end. I enjoyed it alot more then Bioshock 2. If it had a bigger online community and a little more balance (every monster class is better then any human class) I would totally play it Regularly.

Me and my friends were playing imagirl and she is ranked extremely high on the leaderboards (#1 I believe) and we smoked her everytime until she quit. Honestly, not many people work together so me and my 2 friends did very well. As long as you work together with your teammates, there is no reason you shouldn't lose.

We played 15 extermination matches and we won 14 out of 15 while the 1 at the end was a tie.

If you play with randoms, I totally agree those type of people will wipe the floor with you, but they can be beaten with teamwork.

Quote: