Multiplayer is just getting ridiculous now

MushroomWig

I hate when they all pick the spiders but I have gotten better with that. Using the shotgun and the autocannon tear them up fast.

But you are right about the phase ticks, that will piss me off beyond belief because you should never die. I mean it takes like 5-6 seconds to die to one and you only need one shot to kill them.

Everyone picks the spiders because they have such a long range attack.

As for people not shooting the ticks, that can be a gigantic pain in the butt. I found that as long as you are saving your teammates when they are getting "ticked" then the favour is usually returned.

Other times you are just playing with complete morons who have no concept on what to do.

Everyone picks the spiders because they have such a long range attack.

As for people not shooting the ticks, that can be a gigantic pain in the butt. I found that as long as you are saving your teammates when they are getting "ticked" then the favour is usually returned.

Other times you are just playing with complete morons who have no concept on what to do.

I feel like I'm ranting but I'm just really pissed off, I finished a game a few hours ago and everyone on the opposition were spiders and all were camping in the same spot.

I think it's obvious to everyone how overpowered the monsters are compared to the soldiers. :(

But you are right about the phase ticks, that will piss me off beyond belief because you should never die. I mean it takes like 5-6 seconds to die to one and you only need one shot to kill them.

Also considering the fact that the soldier is shouting "get it off" for everyone to hear...yet most of the time teammates just don't care.

Also considering the fact that the soldier is shouting "get it off" for everyone to hear...yet most of the time teammates just don't care.

Haha yeah I forgot about that. Your arms go flailing in the air and it feels like the longest 5 seconds ever.

Other than that, I must say I really enjoy the multiplayer. It sucks there are only 2 types of games,but they are done well. I am glad that I am almost done with the online and only have to play a few more extermination games to get it done

I Finished the Multiplayer trophies a few days ago. Any of the monster classes can be a huge pain in the ass in the hands good player, but yea spiders are pretty popular among and few dozen who still play.

The thing that pissed me off the most was not a monster class but a person. Some dude named halodosentafraid or something like that. He is probably the most skilled person still playing. He always 3x more kills then everyone else, and if it was just him versus 5 people he would probably still win because he's so good at the game. pretty much if you went up against him it was an automatic loss.

The Multiplayer trophies are only annoying if you don't like to lose. you might need to put in 6-8 hours getting the required kill trophies but after that you can just afk host and get the wins/games you need.

Overall I had a blast playing Multiplayer, but most of the time I played there was no spider spamming and no halo, that was towards the end. I enjoyed it alot more then Bioshock 2. If it had a bigger online community and a little more balance (every monster class is better then any human class) I would totally play it Regularly.

Edited by VanDeaM

Don't get me wrong, I generally love the multiplayer. Even without trophies I'd probably still be playing it, I just felt like ranting due to some annoying moments. xD All games have those moments though. :p

Congrats on finishing the multiplayer trophies, I have three left (playing 100 matches and winning 25). It's taking so long due to the fact that it takes me a while to find a match. :(

I Finished the Multiplayer trophies a few days ago. Any of the monster classes can be a huge pain in the ass in the hands good player, but yea spiders are pretty popular among and few dozen who still play.

The thing that pissed me off the most was not a monster class but a person. Some dude named halodosentafraid or something like that. He is probably the most skilled person still playing. He always 3x more kills then everyone else, and if it was just him versus 5 people he would probably still win because he's so good at the game. pretty much if you went up against him it was an automatic loss.

The Multiplayer trophies are only annoying if you don't like to lose. you might need to put in 6-8 hours getting the required kill trophies but after that you can just afk host and get the wins/games you need.

Overall I had a blast playing Multiplayer, but most of the time I played there was no spider spamming and no halo, that was towards the end. I enjoyed it alot more then Bioshock 2. If it had a bigger online community and a little more balance (every monster class is better then any human class) I would totally play it Regularly.

Me and my friends were playing imagirl and she is ranked extremely high on the leaderboards (#1 I believe) and we smoked her everytime until she quit. Honestly, not many people work together so me and my 2 friends did very well. As long as you work together with your teammates, there is no reason you shouldn't lose.

We played 15 extermination matches and we won 14 out of 15 while the 1 at the end was a tie.

If you play with randoms, I totally agree those type of people will wipe the floor with you, but they can be beaten with teamwork.

this game should have never ever had multiplayer

Yes it should have remained another boring futuristic generic FPS. :rolleyes:

MP was fantastic when the game first came out, everyone understood the basics of team play. I haven't played it recently, but we never feared the spiders and those who tried always took a big risk. We feared the flying barrels when lumped together it would often take out 2-3 of us.

The monsters are overpowered compared to the soldiers but when the soldiers work together, no monsters can stop them.

Don't get me wrong, I generally love the multiplayer. Even without trophies I'd probably still be playing it, I just felt like ranting due to some annoying moments. xD All games have those moments though. :p :(

Yeah tell me about it. You can check my post in the Dead to rights: Retribution thread to see how pissed I was at that god awful game.

I fought imagirl almost daily during my multiplayer time with singularity. I can tell because she spams everyone with friend requests every time she enters a room. Compared to halo she's a scrub, but I completely agree that teamwork with people you know will always give you a good advantage, Especially when you guys are monsters.

Yes it should have remained another boring futuristic generic FPS. :rolleyes:

MP was fantastic when the game first came out, everyone understood the basics of team play. I haven't played it recently, but we never feared the spiders and those who tried always took a big risk. We feared the flying barrels when lumped together it would often take out 2-3 of us.

The monsters are overpowered compared to the soldiers but when the soldiers work together, no monsters can stop them.

the multiplayer was NEVER fantasic and the SP was neither boring or generic. I bought the game at launch and there were never any fucking games even then.....

• 2 weeks later...

im trying to get a game starting but it seems nobody is online cuz im looking for a game for the last 20 minutes now.. this sucks.. can anyone tell me what the best time is for this game to be on the multiplayer? and also feel free to add me and play this game together

im trying to get a game starting but it seems nobody is online cuz im looking for a game for the last 20 minutes now.. this sucks.. can anyone tell me what the best time is for this game to be on the multiplayer? and also feel free to add me and play this game together

Tried to add you but your friend list is maxed. =O Anyways I'm on right now and had almost a full game of Extermination going. Trying to play CvS now and we only have 5/6 people. X_X

• 1 month later...
I fought imagirl almost daily during my multiplayer time with singularity. I can tell because she spams everyone with friend requests every time she enters a room. Compared to halo she's a scrub, but I completely agree that teamwork with people you know will always give you a good advantage, Especially when you guys are monsters.

Try playing her one-on-one in a private game, then come back to me and say that she's a scrub lol.

Imagirl1989 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> halo, when I played with halo on the same team online I'd only win about 2/3 of the games, when I played with Imagirl1989 on the same team I'd win 99% of the games.

And I was definitely a team player. And no, I'm not even all that good - k/d about 1.3.

• 1 month later...

When I first started playing I was thinking that the Creatures were way overpowered as well. After a week and about 200 matches, I can see that when you compare a team of Creatures working well together and a team of Soldiers working well together, Soldiers will win hands down.

Try playing her one-on-one in a private game, then come back to me and say that she's a scrub lol.

Imagirl1989 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> halo, when I played with halo on the same team online I'd only win about 2/3 of the games, when I played with Imagirl1989 on the same team I'd win 99% of the games.

And I was definitely a team player. And no, I'm not even all that good - k/d about 1.3.

Not wanting to argue, but I would also have to agree that Imagirl is not really all that great either. She is good, don't get me wrong, but there are a couple of others, OBSIDIUS-RHEY (sp) and BloodThirstyLord that are much better.

I've never come across the other 2 players you mentioned. Perhaps, lucky me.

Wierd, I played with them a lot during my road to plat. I learned quick to add any of the high level players to my friends list since the game is setup to group you with people on your list more frequently if you're in the same lobby.

You know it's such a shame that so little people out there play this game, let alone the MP. I actually think the MP is pretty fun with all the special abilities and whatnot.

I agree, it was fun, but it got old pretty fast. I think it would have been better if there was more to strive for when leveling. I enjoy ranking up and unlocking abilities, weapons, perks, and what not. It was kind of flat just having everything 100% open from level 1.