Singstar servers are going down?

BrozYn88

Like in thread, I read somewhere here in comments that serrvers of singstar are going to be closed, trophies will be not able to obtain (online). Is that true, can I get any link from developers or something? Something real not empty words.

I dont know why they would if this game is supposed to be getting ps4 support from what i read. Unless they do happen to just be shutting down ps3 servers but iv heard nothing about it.

Here's the details. Better get your disc-based online trophies soon!

Essential SingStar server changes coming soon…

Update: SingStar server work has now been postponed until 2014 so you'll be glad to hear that you can enjoy 'Clubs' and collect online trophies for a little while longer. We'll let you know as soon as we have a new date for this work being carried out.

You may have noticed that we haven't done any work on our SingStar servers for a while now, in fact, last time we did this was in October last year when we released SingStar on the XMB, which means it's definitely time for an update, right? We have now scheduled some essential work on our servers for the end of November 2013, resulting in a few changes which we've outlined below.

Once the work has been completed, SingStar discs will not be able to connect to our servers anymore. You can still play all your songs (both those on the disc and your downloads) via the discs, but will not be able to connect online. However, all existing online features, such as the SingStore and Community, can be accessed from SingStar Digital (on the XMB. (SCEA: which is available as a free download from the PlayStation Store)).

Unfortunately, SingStar 'Clubs' will no longer be available after this time. If you have any media connected exclusively to 'Clubs' and don't want to lose it, make sure to set the selected media to 'public' before the end of November. Note that anything still set to 'private' after the work is competed WILL be lost and not recoverable.

Source

Here's the details. Better get your disc-based online trophies soon!

Source

But bought songs in singstore will be able to connect serveres and materials from them can be voted etc so all trophies will be available to get but just from songs bought in storw, do I undestand this correctly?

The online interface between the disc-based versions and the digital/XMB versions of SingStar are different, which I assume means they are on different servers. For example, the digital/XMB version doesn't have clubs or a messaging function. So you can still upload performances of songs you purchased in the SingStore through the digital/XMB version and have them voted on via that interface, but you will no longer be able to log-in online via the disc-based version to unlock the trophies from the original SingStar trophy list. At least that's my understanding of what this means.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So let me get this straight once they do this the disc based singstar trophy list would be stuck on your list forever and you won't be able to get them at all is that right or will Sony merge them together at least to clean up the issue don't see why they can't I'm all for loading men the xmb and loading a disc into it, but I've always said why couldn't they of done it where discs are registered to your psn and you can install the songs off it into the xmb data base and play it like that

• 1 month later...
The XMB and disc have separate trophy lists; so whenever they do this, the online trophies for the disc based list will presumably no longer be obtainable. Sucks, but the servers have been up for many years now.

I'll add a warning to the trophy guide.

I've updated the main site Guide so you don't have to post in the Updates thread :).

• 1 month later...

As of today june 23rd, servers are still up and running.

I am grinding for the 8000-views gold, just in case time runs out by the end of the month.

I still think that producers should patch the games whose online trophies have been compromised by servers shutdown, by removing those trophies or else, just to be fair to late buyers/players.

Edited by GiGGi1975