New club to boost for 1000 ratings

bobthecrazydog

Hi all

Seems like most people have finished boosting for the most hideous singstar trophy - 1000 x 4/5 star ratings, so I'm setting up a new club for any stragglers, like me. I will invite anyone on the forums that seems interested - otherwise send me a msg or add request to my PSNID: bobthecrazydog and we can get going over the next few weeks/months. I have 10 accounts already and can create more - see the "Guaranteed 1000 ratings in 10 days (as created by Ruelle)" post to see how to do this.

Thanks!

UPDATE MAY 2012: - Thanks all for getting the first members to platinum! The club is now under the control of a new host - downallthepower - so please message him to get an invite if you want to join. A much faster method of creating accounts can be seen in dernop's thread (one of our early members) here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/singstar/153044-tutorial-how-speed-up-sen-psn-account-creation-boosting.html

UPDATE JUNE 2012: - Congrats downallthepower on a great innings as leader. Next to take on the mantle is stork77- please message him for an invite to the everlasting club of boosting goodness!

UPDATE JUNE 2012 no.2: - Congrats stork77 on a short but impressive innings! All hail XrayCrisis!

UPDATE JULY 2012: - Another month, another leader - next to take on the reins is synxdragon.

UPDATE AUGUST 2012: - We've run out of leaders and the club has died...volunteers to start a new rolling club invited - roll up, roll up!

UPDATE NOVEMBER 2012: - Supaflan has stepped up to form a new club and keep the ball rolling. Please msg Supaflan to join and read the rules first!

UPDATE JANUARY 2013: - The club is still alive thanks to Supaflan's term as president, and now lightwings steps up to the ring - msg lightwings to join.

UPDATE JANUARY 2013 no. 2: - And now the reins pass to BlackList_Basty. Go go go!!

UPDATE 2013 to infinity and beyond: - After a few weeks offline the leaders have changed numerous times and so please just refer to the end of the thread to see who to contact about joining - good luck to all future leaders!

Good luck everyone!

Edited by bobthecrazydog
update

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to participate, too. best time for me to do most of this would also be on the (long) easter weekend. it would also help with my profile views, which i still need.

hell, i even need another singstar friend since i currently just got 4 ;)

so, count me in.

psn id: dernop

edit: if someone, like azaria, already done this several times, wouldnt this be even easier for them?! i mean, those psn accounts still work, right? :) thanks for helping out!

Edited by dernop

no hurries... im gonna sleep soon anyways plus i dont know if i even have something uploaded right now.

if not im gonna upload a single picture or so in the next days.

what works better btw: just having something in your profile or better upload something to the group, so that noone else can see or down-rate it.

perhaps azaria has some good tips / experience on this?

no hurries... im gonna sleep soon anyways plus i dont know if i even have something uploaded right now.

if not im gonna upload a single picture or so in the next days.

what works better btw: just having something in your profile or better upload something to the group, so that noone else can see or down-rate it.

perhaps azaria has some good tips / experience on this?

No probs - I would say where you put it depends how good your media is - if you think it is good quality then best to make it available for everyone to see so you can get some extra ratings (hopefully) from people outside the club - and even if you get a few bad ones you'll still have enough 4/5 star ratings from us to counteract it. On the other hand, if you are just putting up a random thing for the trophy stick to the club as you will likely get just 1* ratings from elsewhere which doesn't help.

Videos are by far the best way to get noticed - even the really bad ones usually get 20 or 30 ratings, whereas audios you will be lucky to make 10 and photos maybe 3 or 4 without boosting/rating everyone you come across.

thank you for the clarification. i just accepted your add request, thanks too.

i think i will most likely go for the "upload random stuff just for the trophy". im not really that extroverted kind of guy, you know? ;)

i currently just have a audio replay online with which a friend an i worked on the 8000 views... but i guess this will speed up with this boosting too.

thank you for the clarification. i just accepted your add request, thanks too.

i think i will most likely go for the "upload random stuff just for the trophy". im not really that extroverted kind of guy, you know? ;)

i currently just have a audio replay online with which a friend an i worked on the 8000 views... but i guess this will speed up with this boosting too.

Duh! Just realised that all media will have to be publicly available - if we restrict anything to the club I would have to invite all the extra accounts to join - forget what I said earlier...just upload something as good as you can get - we can delete it after reaching 1000.

i'll join in too, even if theres less of us and it takes longer. will need to get something new uploaded but I still need most of the online trophies and it'd be nice to wrap them up. gimme a few days to get something uploaded tho

welcome... the more the merrier!

i just finished rating the currently four guys (including me) with my main account + 10 other accounts, so +11 5* and profile views for all ;)

but when someone new joins, like you, i will definitely re-login with those 11 accounts and rate them too, since the most annoying and time consuming part is to actually create those accounts and set them up in your ps3... once they are in your "user list", the only time consuming part is to start the singstar viewer, it takes aaaaaages :p

dernop

i'll join in too, even if theres less of us and it takes longer. will need to get something new uploaded but I still need most of the online trophies and it'd be nice to wrap them up. gimme a few days to get something uploaded tho

Welcome! I'll send you an invite to the club and add request. Let us know when you're ready and we'll start rating. It will probably take us a few weeks realistically unless we get a lot of new members so no real hurry.

*bump* just wanted to let you know: i just had a "run" and earned myself the "singstar celebrity" (8000 views) trophy. and because i had nothing else to do i boosted the views of Azaria's audio too... should net you the gold trophy also ;)

i'm thinking about a special offer... first guy who joins this club and rates everyone, gets the 8000views trophy for free :p

dernop

*bump* just wanted to let you know: i just had a "run" and earned myself the "singstar celebrity" (8000 views) trophy. and because i had nothing else to do i boosted the views of Azaria's audio too... should net you the gold trophy also ;)

i'm thinking about a special offer... first guy who joins this club and rates everyone, gets the 8000views trophy for free :p

dernop

This helped SO much. I wasn't sure when I was gonna get around to that. If I can get this ratings one out of the way, all I have to do is sing 200 songs in duet and battle. I didn't realize that getting 9000+ on guitar songs counted towards the corresponding trophy, until my friend came over and pwned it with his mad guitar skills!

It'll be nice to know that just by enjoying the game with a friend we'll be working towards the Platinum. I'll slave away at making accounts on Sunday (I have nothing to do on Easter). Thankfully I'll have some help, so it won't be too terrible. I make the accounts, my boyfriend logs in and rates, and we continue like that.

Just a little note, I'm not sure how people are creating their accounts, but you can get a fake email at mailinator.com. They're randomly generated and you can even get email sent to them. You just refresh the page for a new email, really simple, and then you have no problems signing up for PSN accounts.

dernop

how do you mean gets the 8000 views trophy free ?

I noticed I have an audio on my account that has some views, don't know how it got uploaded as its probably the worst bit of singing my wife has ever done, think she must have been messing around when I was doing guitar but may as well use that as its got views and ratings already.

could also do with the profile page visits but I assume these will come through the media views and ratings.

i've got 30 accounts ready to start using now when we ready to go

Edited by mattvr4

ok, its singstar celebrity giveaway day ! first one to rate my video and leave a comment will get instant 8000+ views by me.

INSTANT GOLD TROPHY :p

(audio only) ;)

viewed your vid and rated 5* audio says friends only so cant do, rated with 2 accs cos im on our work ps3. 8000 views would be cool ;)

sorry it took me so long, i had some technical issues. but i just finished rating your audio (i didnt pay attention so i even overstated the case and now you got twice the needed amount... almost 16k views lol)

anyways, you should get that gold next time you log on to singstar online! ;)

dernop

Happy Easter everyone!

Thanks dernop for sorting out everyone with the 8000 views trophy...everyone should get the 200 profile views automatically some way along the line to the 1000 ratings, so with a bit of luck we should all be well on the way towards platinum...

I'm happy to help anyone else get the 8000 views one along the way but it's probably easier just to keep viewing your own stuff through singstar viewer - you only need to use one account - audio is quickest to get there - circle, x, circle, x, etc!

The 9000+ score trophies are a bit of a pain - either needs a lot of practice, or if you can play keyboard, guitar, something along to a basic song fairly accurately, you can get it like that. The beat Tony trophy on dance I still can't get it but then I guess I'm not exactly a born dance champion. :)

Thanks bud, i got accounts ready to go so will start rating over next few days when im not in work.

Are we having a main board to show whos doing what or just posting when we rate

You can just post a comment in the club every so often with how you are getting on. I'm not too bothered about how many rates everyone does - just do what you can and I'll keep going until we're all over 1000. Once someone has got there, it would help if they stayed around a bit longer to help out the others but I'm not going to force people to as it is pretty tedious stuff.

What I will probably do is close the club to new people after maybe 2 or 3 weeks so that it doesn't go on forever and then pass the baton on to someone else who needs the trophies - then we can just help the existing members at that point to reach the finish line.

Thanks everyone!