Rate the trophy difficulty.  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.86

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted a 10. Getting the 5 songs at 9000+ on hard the 'beat our resident sing star' are near impossible. The best me and any of my friends can do it low 7000 on a song we know extremely well. Some of the community ones seem pretty hard as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lemme ask this: if you can sing pretty well (which I can :cool:), is it still a tough plat?

You can't judge it based on singing ability.... kinda...

The game doesn't judge if you are a good singer so much as it judges your ability to make a sound in tune with what it considers to be 'correct.'

You can just hum or sing "Laaaaaaaa" through the whole song and vary the pitch depending on the song/lyric and you'll easilly unlock all the offline trophies... I didn't find it that hard to do all the offline trophies, but I couldn't sing as I would normally, you need to find what the game considers to be 'correct' as apposed to what would sound good for your voice.

Online however.... well its hard to say...

It's the classic online community that rates stuff... girls with a bit of flesh on show get a lot of views... guys that can either dance really well or do something hilarious will get views.

Theres actually very few people with high views and ratings who can sing very well.

• 3 months later...
You can't judge it based on singing ability.... kinda...

The game doesn't judge if you are a good singer so much as it judges your ability to make a sound in tune with what it considers to be 'correct.'

You can just hum or sing "Laaaaaaaa" through the whole song and vary the pitch depending on the song/lyric

The microphones detect pitch using digital signal processing, which analyses the frequency of the incoming signal via Fast Fourier transform. The frequency is then compared to stored information to evaluate if the note is correct. Regular singing segments do not feature speech recognition, and so humming into the microphones at the correct pitch will also score points. Rap sections use a combination of speech recognition and rhythm detection.

SOURCE: Video Game News - Striking a Chord with SingStar Pop’s Tamsin Lucas

so yes, you can hum or sing "Laaaa" and vary pitch depending on the song/lyric. This works for most songs, but everytime there are "rap" notes, you have to sing it right, since it uses speech recognition technology (this is why rap notes are so much harder!!)

I gave it a 8, since you have to be very very patient - waiting for people to rate/view your uploaded medias, singing at least 200 battle / 200 duet / 50 solo... You really gotta love singing to platinum this.

However, some trophies might seem impossible to get, and I agree thatgetting 5 songs with 9000+ on hard, and getting more that 9344 on any normal song on hard is REALLY hard, but with time, we get better. At first I couldn't even do 7000+ on easy on any song, but with lots of singing (and lots of fun with lots of friends) I finally did more than 9000+ on more than 20 songs on easy, and more than 9000+ on more than 10 songs on medium, and now I have 3 songs with 9000+ on hard done... with "Mr. Brightside - The Killers" having 9443 (short version)...

Someday, I might have a platinum on this. But unlike Infamous or Uncharted, I will continue playing it with friends, because it is a really good social game to play.

Edited by MonkeyTrix

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't voted yet, as I play the game casually. I've managed to sing one song at 9000+ on Hard, so it's probably just a matter of time that I get four more songs at 9000+, and maybe a little longer to Beat Bravo. I don't feel the other trophies that require skill are all that difficult; but the ones that don't depend on skill are a real pain in the ass.

Getting 200 (or 100) views of your media in the first week is really easy. I just uploaded an audio file; then I signed in with a different account; and I just viewed the same audio file over 200 times. And then I reloaded SingStar in the original account, and DING the two trophies popped up. Easy. Getting 8000 views, again no skill involved, you can just keep viewing your own media with a different account, over and over again.

Getting 1000 ratings of 4 stars or more... I'll have to find a hot chick to show some flesh, then I might stand a chance. I have a friend with 34GG's, so that might help a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good evening people,

just like you guys i'm trying to get the Online Singstar Trophy's.

I've posted a new vid + some pics today and i'd like you guys to

have a look at it and rate it for me.

Leave me a message and i'll gladly return the favor.

Thank you Guys and good trophy hunt!

Solid_snake311

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Solid_Snake311.png

• 2 weeks later...

I gave this game a 9. I did get the platinum, though I did abuse the glitch when I could to get They Really Love Me. The hardest trophy in my opinion was Super Singer Gold, but I think anyone can get it if they dedicate the time to it. It's more your ability to hum than your ability to sing. Overall, it's a great game, but it's definitely not an easy platinum.

I gave this game a 9. I did get the platinum, though I did abuse the glitch when I could to get They Really Love Me. The hardest trophy in my opinion was Super Singer Gold, but I think anyone can get it if they dedicate the time to it. It's more your ability to hum than your ability to sing. Overall, it's a great game, but it's definitely not an easy platinum.

But if you hum, it's not as much fun as if you sing :rolleyes:

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Floating_Cow.png