Finish a level on insane with no pickups?

EthiopianMobsta

First off let me say hello to all of this community. This is my first post/thread but I've been a lurker for a while now.

My problem is this: In a level, there are instances where the time reestablishes itself. But if you have some "score" pickups leftover when this happens your ship automatically sucks them up regardless of how far away you are from them. Does this negate this trophy?

Also, I've been trying to get this one for a few days now. I've tried doing it just on stage 1 but my timer hits 0 by the time I get to the cannon on the train. I've also tried stage 5 on score attack, and finally I've been trying the method of collecting everything in stage 1 and trying it on stage 2.

What should I follow? Ship build and route.

This is bugging my OCD lol. Thanks in advance (hopefully this board isn't dead).

I've done this on stage 1 on both PS3 and Vita. The tunnel with the turrets on stage 2 is too annoying with all the floating pick ups and suicide bullets, so I don't recommend that. Stage 5 is possible but stage 1 is way easier (you won't have continues if you try on stage 5).

It indeed fucks it up if you get tokens sucked in when time is resetting... This was very annoying to me too and I think there should have been an option to turn this feature on/off, if they make a promotion requirement like this... -.-

For this reason I simply didn't kill the last few enemies at the end of the first part, and at the part before entering the worm tunnel, therefore avoiding any pick ups to be possibly sucked in.

I used GE-22, laser and reflection. Use your 1st laser on Kolobok first phase and 2nd laser on second phase, and try to save most of your capsule for Matouschka, this will be very essential to make it in time.

Also, I probably don't have to mention this but play on arcade, not score attack. This way you will have 3 continues (can be useful for worm tunnel/matouschka).

Thanks for the info Zong. I was hoping you'd come around to help.

I will do this on stage 1 now. So I will try to avoid shooting the last enemies before a time reset (before phase 1 and 2 of Kolobok, and before entering worm tunnel).

So you suggest using the alligator guy with his laser beam weapon. I've been trying this guy out but he doesn't seem to work very well for phase 2 of kolobok. Punk spirit takes out all the legs with an extra 1-2 seconds of autofire, while the laser barely takes out 1 leg. Should I just dodge the lasers from the legs and wait until Kolobok exposes his weak point? I think I'd run out of time if I did that.

Big question: In the Vita version, did you manage to get the 100% with auto fire (holding down X default) or did you mash the fire button. I can get to the big cannon on the train with 75% of reflection left over but I can't fire fast enough to take it down before time runs out. This would have been so much easier if they gave us 1 more secondary weapon.

For the part before phase 2 of Kolobok, only do not kill the last tank at the bottom, if that tank drops a score token you will suck it in, but you can kill all the enemies before that. If they drop a token it will leave the screen before you move to Kolobok. It will actually help you a lot if you kill all the enemies there because of the time they give (there's no time checkpoint when you move from this part)

The laser isn't fixed, it's doable with either the laser, UD bomb or Punk Spirit. I just like the laser for the first part of Kolobok, it totally destroys him lol. The second part isn't very hard imo, I just move up always and slowly move down dodging bullets, then move up again when the bullets pause. But yeah if you have more trouble with the second part, use punk spirit, it's almost an 1 hit KO for all legs if you're a bit lucky.

Only dodging his bullets won't work, you will indeed run out of time. You have to destroy at least a few of his legs to make it in time, but as soon as his core opens, start shooting it.

For Matouschka, the main reason to save reflection isn't to dodge bullets, but to kill him quicker with it. When he shoots the big burst of bullets in the first 2 phase or at the cannon phase, move towards him and try to reflect most of bullets back at him. This will take down a huge amount of health.

I always held down X, there's no point mashing because it's only a tiny bit faster (and that's also only on primary level 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9, the even levels are on max speed by holding X already), but makes you lose concentration on dodging completely.

Edited by Zongorillacska

Omg. I finally got this done. I didn't realize how much damage reflection does to him in the first two phases. I was practicing those phases and was able to learn his pattern to dodge the bullets so that I don't lose time to them, but the problem was that I was losing time to not killing the turrets fast enough due to all the dodging.

He shoots so many bullets that a split second of reflection destroys the turrets and adds so much extra time to the clock. I got it without any continues, starting from the top, and with lots of reflection left over :D. Thx Zong, you're the man!

For anyone else in the future who wants to do this: I used a tiny bit of reflection for kolobok, phase 1, when he sends the spiral pattern (I had to shoot down one of his plates to add extra time, before using that bit of reflection), and I avoided the killing the last tank before kolobok phase 2, I used first punk spirit on kolobok's legs, I killed only the first two waves of planes and 1 extra post kolobok (I found that the chances of getting two score tokens in two back-to-back kills is either very rare or just doesn't happen), killed all but 1 worm in the tunnel, and followed Zong's strategy for the train. It's very important to use reflection as soon as the turret phases of the train starts to shoot that tough bullet pattern and just park your plane up close to him.

And just to add, I used my last punk spirit in the phase with the tower and planes (after about two planes popped out, to reduce enemies while I fire away at the remaining health of tower), and I used the leftover reflection after the plane-tower phase, to help kill off the weird turret that sits on the top of 4 mini turrets (double-sided), and to help add damage to mega-turret when he fires the spiral pattern (be careful here for the 1-shot kill cannonball-like shot).

Now time for a 1cc run through arcade. :D

Edited by EthiopianMobsta

• 2 years later...

Just to paraphrase somebody else from another thread, there is a glitch to this, which I was happy to use due to the sheer amount of time and effort I'd put into this game.

Basically play through level 1 on Arcade mode, pick up everything, weapon pick-ups, subs, the lot. Get to the train, die, then defeat the train, job done.

One note of advice, if you get hit destroying the train, obviously don't collect your weapon capsules again, carry on with one or die and try again.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for creating this thread and discussing the tips guys. I love the bullet hell genre. My dream come true is A Soldier X 3 with online co op challenges. This game rocks. I love how it makes you strategize your fight. It isn't for the faint of heart... er wrists