so this story isn't following the original?

So this is going to be different from the original first story correct? Where you play a inmate that escapes and ends up in Silent Hill? This might be very good.. I heard about homecoming being a flop so I didn't get it but I loved the very first game that came out I remember I played it on pc and it was awesome I enjoyed it alot.

I wouldn't consider Homecoming a flop, but it wasn't really a SH game.

As far as the first, since the second, the devs have always promised to keep it it just like the original, but when everything is said and done, it never is.

I'm sure this one will be very different from the old SH, and even the new ones, due to the new guys working on it.

Sadly, you never know what you are going to get till it actually comes out.

Sadly, you never know what you are going to get till it actually comes out.

Yeah Sad but true... I have hope however and still look forward to getting back into SH.. Until then, as far as action horror, I am sticking to Dead Space series. :dance:

I've always been weary when they announce a new SH game ever since the The Room (even 3 for me was a little off for me, but at least I could stand it). Homecoming wasn't horrible, but like it's been said, it felt like a survival horror game that was trying to rip off Silent Hill instead of actually BEING a SH title.

After watching the trailer for the new one, I am definitely looking forward to it with more of an anticipation than the previous ones, but who knows as looks are always decieving and it could be crap. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah I agree I am a lil anxious for this new one coming out but I didn't even bother with the last ones except for the very first one.. The very first one kicked ass. But isn't that the way it is with most things.. once the new and different wears off you know its time to find something else new and different..

So this is going to be different from the original first story correct? Where you play a inmate that escapes and ends up in Silent Hill? This might be very good.. I heard about homecoming being a flop so I didn't get it but I loved the very first game that came out I remember I played it on pc and it was awesome I enjoyed it alot.

The original Silent Hill wasn't on PC. So far the only ones that have been on PC were Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Yeah I agree I am a lil anxious for this new one coming out but I didn't even bother with the last ones except for the very first one.. The very first one kicked ass. But isn't that the way it is with most things.. once the new and different wears off you know its time to find something else new and different..

To me Silent Hill 2 was a lot better for its story, the original was better for its horror. But that's my opinion.

The original Silent Hill wasn't on PC. So far the only ones that have been on PC were Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 4: The Room.

The one I played was on the pc and it started out with you in a cloudy area of town on the streets and had to enter a house and find clues. Its been along time ago but from what I remember it was the best I ever played.. Is the one I am talking about Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams?

The one I played was on the pc and it started out with you in a cloudy area of town on the streets and had to enter a house and find clues. Its been along time ago but from what I remember it was the best I ever played.. Is the one I am talking about Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams?

Hmm, not sure about that one. It sounds like part 1, but can't be. Unlease you had a ps1 emulator or something...

Hmm, not sure about that one. It sounds like part 1, but can't be. Unlease you had a ps1 emulator or something...

I thought it was the first one and I believe... Hmmm Was the first one released on Sega Genesis? Cause I had a Sega Genesis also..

I thought it was the first one and I believe... Hmmm Was the first one released on Sega Genesis? Cause I had a Sega Genesis also..

LOL no way!

The first one was released on Playstation.

I wish I could help, but I'm not sure which it was.

I never played restless dreams, I always thought it was an interective novel not an actual game.

LOL no way!

I never played restless dreams, I always thought it was an interective novel not an actual game.

Well I think I must have played it on a playstation I can't remember oh well.. lol

Well I think I must have played it on a playstation I can't remember oh well.. lol

Well, either way, you could pick up Silent Hill 1 on the psn store and even though it looks pretty dated, it's still worth the money.

I wouls deff suggest getting into SH2 though. That game is Awesome.

Did the main character have a car crash and started looking for his daughter? Or did the main character walk out of the bathroom?

LOL no way!

If you didn't know, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams was the ported version on Xbox and PC. It had the main game but also featured a side-story where you played as Maria called Born Upon a Wish. It also featured an extra ending. You can get the same game on PS2 now, it's just called Silent Hill 2: Greatest Hits.

LOL that's what I was thinking.

I'm pretty sure he played it on the playstation and forgot.

Has to be....

It's possible. Like I said, the only way you could play the original Silent Hill is if you have the original game on Playstation, have a Playstation Emulator or you downloaded it on the PS3.

Odd, that is the first one. Did you have a Playstation Emulator or something?

No no emulators or nothing like that.. damnit I wish i could remember i could have sworn it was pc and the first one.. Maybe I borrowed a friends ps or something.. Maybe I spent the night at a friends house and played it on theirs.. But you know whats funny is looking at the case on wiki I vividly remember owning that game on pc. LOL OMG I don't know..

No no emulators or nothing like that.. damnit I wish i could remember i could have sworn it was pc and the first one.. Maybe I borrowed a friends ps or something.. Maybe I spent the night at a friends house and played it on theirs.. But you know whats funny is looking at the case on wiki I vividly remember owning that game on pc. LOL OMG I don't know..

Weird, like I've said the only way you could play that game is on the original Playstation, having a Playstation Emulator or buying it on the PS3.