XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #31
Phodda

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Well, this game has its promises...Think about a convicted guy going to a nightmarish town that turns your worst fears into physical manifestations, and you're a real bad guy...
Phodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #32
dante_kinkade

Send a message via AIM to dante_kinkade

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

This will be in the original series, aka it will follow all the other games that came before it in the same world/timeline. not counting SM of course because that is a standalone AU game.

dante_kinkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #33
AsumaKun

Well I've played every SH game. Like most of you said, I'd definitely say Homecoming is the weakest. Didn't feel much like a SH game. I actually enjoyed The Room even though it had many flaws and was just plain out strange. Origins was fun but nothing amazing. Shattered Memories was very different but surprisingly good. 1,2,3 are the best ones of course. I'd have to say 2 was my favorite, had a great story. 1 and 3 are the most scary.

I love the series so much that I'll probably like this one no matter what. As long as it's better than Homecoming, I'll be satisfied.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #34
Blood_Runs_Cold

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsumaKun View Post
Well I've played every SH game. Like most of you said, I'd definitely say Homecoming is the weakest. Didn't feel much like a SH game. I actually enjoyed The Room even though it had many flaws and was just plain out strange. Origins was fun but nothing amazing. Shattered Memories was very different but surprisingly good. 1,2,3 are the best ones of course. I'd have to say 2 was my favorite, had a great story. 1 and 3 are the most scary.

I love the series so much that I'll probably like this one no matter what. As long as it's better than Homecoming, I'll be satisfied.
True, speaking of which, I wonder why Konami decided not to put SH4 on the collection...

It would have been great if it came with 1,2 and 3..

Oh well I guess..

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #35
Blood_Runs_Cold

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsumaKun View Post

True, speaking of which, I wonder why Konami decided not to put SH4 on the collection...

It would have been great if it came with 2,3 and 4..

Oh well I guess..

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #36
SoPoF

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexFollett View Post
Yeah I agree I am a lil anxious for this new one coming out but I didn't even bother with the last ones except for the very first one.. The very first one kicked ass. But isn't that the way it is with most things.. once the new and different wears off you know its time to find something else new and different..
This sounds very ironic considering the fact that most desperate fans complain how the recent Silent Hill games are too different from the first few. (When SH2 already was drastically different from SH1 to begin with ...)

Personally, I like the series for trying to make each entry unique and different from the others. Of course, one will always prefer one thing over the other, but that doesn't mean there's only either "super good" or "utter crap". I'd rather risk having one SH game I end up really disliking than them just shovelling out the same game with a new subtitle again and again.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to this new one and am curious what it has to offer.
SoPoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #37
amylian

Well, I think Silent Hill Homecoming had the potential in the first stages of the game, but later on you notice lots of bugs and problems, freezing screens and stuff like that as if the developers had been slucky during the proccess of developing it.

Anyways, all I can say is that I have high hopes for this one so I am looking forward to getting it even if reviewers gave it 2/10.
amylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #38
MicahWebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexFollett View Post
So this is going to be different from the original first story correct? Where you play a inmate that escapes and ends up in Silent Hill? This might be very good.. I heard about homecoming being a flop so I didn't get it but I loved the very first game that came out I remember I played it on pc and it was awesome I enjoyed it alot.
Nah it wasn't a flop. You should rent it and give it a shot you'll like it. But prepare for completely new fighting mechanics it's weird. Plus I really really liked the story it was super dark.
MicahWebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #39
BuddyFignewton

Default heres to hopeing

i liked homecoming. i just hope silent hill still scares like the old ones
BuddyFignewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #40
dante_kinkade

Send a message via AIM to dante_kinkade

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahWebster View Post
Nah it wasn't a flop. You should rent it and give it a shot you'll like it. But prepare for completely new fighting mechanics it's weird. Plus I really really liked the story it was super dark.
Yeah the only annoying part of the game was too much combat based, the story on the other hand was great and it was the darkest silent hill story so far, what with everything to do with the children for starters.

dante_kinkade is offline   Reply With Quote